7 Smoothie Benefits
We keep hearing about the Smoothie benefits of smoothie drinking, but what are they? Why are smoothies, those liquid meals, so healthy and why should we incorporate them into our daily lives?
1. For starters, if you are not keen on eating fruits or veggies, drinking a smoothie might help you trick your body into eating those “five a day” while enjoying the taste!
2. Additionally, if you keep forgetting to drink at least eight glasses of water per day (yes, so many numbers to keep in mind!); you could at least keep your body hydrated by drinking a homemade smoothie. During summer, do not forget to add some ice cubes before blending for some extra water intake.
3. Smoothies are much healthier than juices. While drinking juice, you get vitamins and minerals, but almost zero fiber. Smoothies, however, are made out of the whole fruit or vegetable, so nothing gets wasted.
Related: Super-Healthy Smoothie Recipes
4. Smoothies are so easy to make! If you do not have much time in the morning, you just throw whatever fruit or vegetable you have at home, mix it with something liquid and blend it! And voilà, your breakfast is ready! Moreover, if you are tight on time, you can make packs of cut fruit or vegetables and freeze them. Like that, you will always have time for a healthy start of the day.
5. Smoothies are also cheap! Forget about the ones you buy in a supermarket; you can make yours for a few cents! You can also stop buying (expensive) multivitamins and food supplements, as drinking a glass of smoothie every day will provide you with all the vitamins you need.
6. If you are trying to lose some weight, smoothies, especially the green ones, are a perfect choice! They are low in calories but fill you up very well. As they contain a lot of water and fiber, they will make you feel as if you just ate the whole meal. Moreover, they will also help you fight cravings and hunger while consuming something healthy.
Related: Smoothie Mistakes To Avoid
7. Smoothies boost your metabolism. As they are already blended, they are easy to digest and therefore, your body does not to work that hard to process it. If you are suffering from constipation, drinking a smoothie might be a good idea to get your digestion going!