Women are more prone to workplace because of the many roles they play in life: as career woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend. Women work way beyond the 9-5 shift, often having to rush home to cook dinner, help the kids with homework, and prepare the next day's office attire for the hubby. The stress and anxiety caused by endless tasks and impossible deadlines in a high-speed, high-tech world has made women's lives a living web of complexity. Women are more prone to workplace because of the many roles they play in life: as career woman, wife, mother, daughter, and friend. Women work way beyond the 9-5 shift, often having to rush home to cook dinner, help the kids with homework, and prepare the next day's office attire for the hubby. The stress and anxiety caused by endless tasks and impossible deadlines in a high-speed, high-tech world has made women's lives a living web of complexity.
The question is: How can women cope with stress and anxiety? The first step is to dissect the problem and understand how these psychological and emotional conditions make women's lives more difficult.
Stress is a combination of fatigue, restlessness, depression, over-focusing, and over-all gloominess that is a consequence of overwork and other domestic or personal problems. The difficulty of trying to balance time between work and the home has caused many women to suffer from stress. Personal or relationship issues like divorce or separation have also been the cause of anxiety panic attacks among women. Women who own and manage their own business are also prone to stress. Their high drive for business success cannot always protect them from times of depression and overwork. Career women, on the other hand, have to confront office politics, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, and the fear of being laid-off.
But there's still hope for over-worked, stressed women. Here are some practical ways for women to reduce and manage work-related stress:
1. Put up relaxing scenes- It could be a poster or a small painting with beautiful scenery. You can even download screen savers of beaches, waterfalls, clear lakes and other scenes that help create a serene mood.
2. The To-Do-List- Use that Post-Its or other stick-on note pads. Color-code your notes and even put up an “alarm” in your computer to remind you of priority tasks. The key is to know what to do first.
3. Time out – As they say, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.” Take some time out to take a breather. Do way from reading emails the mostly junk. Do stimulating activities like sudoku or brainteaser. Reading some inspirational books like Chicken Soup for the Soul.
4. Rearrange your workstation – Add some “homey” look to your workstation… put up photo frames of your family or favorite pet. When ever you feel stressed out just glance at their happy faces or cuteness —and you'll find yourself smiling back!
5. When a plant isn't just a plant – Having a plant around your workplace is good stress relief. Studies show that looking at something green like a plant helps soothe your eyes after facing the computer monitor all day or after reading for a long time. Focusing on a green plant will have a soothing effect.
6. Exercise – Walking, climbing the stairs, or going out to run helps fight stress. Physical activity help get rid of tension. During a workout, your body releases endorphins which helps your body to relax. Endorphins also act as natural pain killers. There are a lot of exercise videos that you can use ranging from the standard aerobics to pilates, tae-bo, and a host of other fitness programs.
7. De-clutter- A cluttered workstation like pens,pencils, notepads,tons of papers spread around every inch of your work place adds to your stress. Make your work environment more appealing by organizing your things and throwing away things you no longer need.
8. Set Boundaries- Communicate and assert yourself, make your co-workers know when you are more available for chit chat.
9. Go less in your caffeine intake- caffeine even is popularly known as a stimulant, too much of it adds to stress even leads to depression.
10. Eat a good breakfast- Don' skip meals even if you are indeed in a hurry. Studies shows that if you make it a practice to eat breakfast every day, you're body gets more the needed proteins to give you an energy boost to face the working day.
Beat work-related stress without beating yourself up. Learn how to relax. Sure…we have duties and responsibilities but if you don't learn to relax—burn out is what you get! Make an effort to relax. Listen to good music. Try not to smoke. Because if you don't watch out, the results would be hypertension…depression… and a plethora of other ailments that can sidetrack your career and home life. It's time to regain a sense of balance if you want to stay alive for a long, long, long time.
Top 3 Financial Frauds You Can Get Caught Up With
4 Fun Activities to Teach Kids the Value of Money
From Establishment To Success: 6 Tips For Small Businesses
Toss the Scale: 5 Other Ways to Track Fitness Progress
Will World Travel Change Your Wedding?
Heal N Soothe Is A Natural And Effective Way Of Treating Pain And Inflammation
Beware of How You’re Programming Your Mind
4WheelParts-4 Creative Ways to Make Your SUV More Fun to Drive This Summer
Your Guide To The Best Writing Tips
4 Ways a Smartphone Helps the Gig Economy
7 Reasons Why Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine
4 Ways Exercise Can Help Develop Your Positive Thinking
5 Ways Businesses Can Prepare for Severe Weather
8 Simple Steps To Long Lasting Happiness And Fulfillment
Dieting Tips and Tricks to Help You Lose Weight and Keep it Off
Eating What You Want To Lose More Weight
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....
Family Quotes: +50 Quotes That Will Strengthen Your Bond With Your Family
The Love of a Family is Life's Greatest Blessing. Every single day we meet new people, build relationships, and get...
Why Red Tea is Better Than Green Tea
Green tea has long been acknowledged for its health and wellness benefits, including weight loss assistance. The evidence is...