The appearance of lumpy, dimpled flesh on the thighs, hips, buttocks, and abdomen is the result of a benign skin condition known as cellulite. You can lessen the presence of cellulite on legs through a blend of activity, diet, and medicines.
1. “Brush your entire body with a natural bristled brush a few times a week before you take a shower to improve circulation, remove dry skin, and support the lymph system. Because we expel a lot of toxins through our skin, it’s important to keep the path clear. Start with your hands and feet and work your way inwards and upwards until you get to your heart using gentle circular motions. Take a little longer to work on problem areas.
“Use of a scrub or exfoliant on areas of cellulite is a great way to improve circulation and has been known to reduce the orange peel effect when done regularly, similar to dry brushing. A benefit of using a scrub in the shower is that it allows for a deeper cleansing of dead skin cells, which are easier to remove when they are softer when they are soaked in warm water.
2. Body butter and coffee scrubs Anna explains, “Coffee helps to increase circulation to the skin, which works to open the channels of blood vessels, allowing oxygenated blood to flow freely and shifting stagnant lymph flow.” This eliminates the dimpling effect by reducing fat cells’ interactions with connective tissue beneath the skin.
“Caffeine’s stimulating effects may also assist in tightening the skin, reducing excess water, and reducing the appearance of cellulite,” according to the study.
“Notwithstanding these advantages, espresso is wealthy in cell reinforcements. The plant-based chemicals known as phenols help to combat free radical damage and firm and tighten the skin when applied topically.
Pink grapefruit, horsetail, and gotu kola are just a few of the skin-loving ingredients in Edible Beauty’s Velvet Coffee Body Butter. These ingredients work together to reduce the appearance of cellulite by helping to reduce fatty deposits, strengthen connective tissue, speed up the regeneration of skin cells, maximize firmness, and increase overall skin elasticity.
3. According to Anna, infrared saunas are great for improving lymphatic drainage, which reduces swelling and naturally improves the appearance of cellulite. Okay, so you may not do this every day. By naturally sweating it out, toxins are moved out and prevented from accumulating in the skin and fat cells.
4. Unfortunately for us, women are more likely than men to develop cellulite as a result of the distribution of our fat, muscle, and connective tissues (connective tissue fibers in women run vertically as opposed to diagonally in men). This structural shape makes cellulite look worse, but if you exercise in the right way, you can help get rid of it by making the skin look tighter, firmer, and smoother, especially in problem areas like the buttocks and thighs.
“Weight lifting is additionally one of the best ways of building muscle and consuming fat, both of which assist with limiting the presence of cellulite,” says Anna. ” This sort of exercise likewise enjoys the benefit of permitting you to choose activities to explicitly target issues regions with muscle bunch explicit developments, for example, doing squats while holding a load for the base and thighs.
Using a rebounder (trampoline) can also effectively improve blood and lymph flow if you don’t like weight training. Additionally, it has been demonstrated that foam rolling can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, which you can learn more about here.
5. Foods high in fiber “Due to the evidence linking hormone imbalance to cellulite, any food or herb that balances hormones will also have a positive effect on cellulite.” A diet is high in fiber aids in the binding and elimination of unwanted hormones.
Daily consumption of freshly ground flaxseed meals is suggested by Anna. Notwithstanding fiber, I suggest stacking up on broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, Brussels fledglings, kale, and cabbage. They have a lot of phytonutrients called isothiocyanates, and one of them is indole-3-carbinol, which helps break down bad and too many hormones.