It is a fact that the number of Australians who are self-employed is on the rise, as more and more people realize the many benefits that come with making a living on the Internet. The number of digital entrepreneurs is increasing, as setting up a business has never been easier, and if you would like to start working as a freelance, here are a few ways that you can make a living online.
- E-Commerce – If you do your market research and choose a line of products that are in demand, there’s no reason why you can’t join the thousands of Aussies who run a shopping cart website. There are three main aspects of running an e-commerce platform; the Website, the products, and the logistics, and by outsourcing, you can become a middleman who retails products that the wholesaler packages and delivers on your behalf. The only real asset you need is a good laptop, from which you will manage your online business, and if you are short of funds, there’s always Nimble Xmas loans, which can be sourced with a Google search. You can find a single provider for all of your IT needs, which include the design and construction of the website, registering the domain name, hosting the site and they will manage the website if required. Here is some further reading on how to be a successful e-commerce trader, which is a must-read for any budding digital entrepreneur.
- English Teaching Online – You don’t need to have any teaching qualifications or experience to teach English in a virtual environment, and with a huge Chinese market, there are many online teaching agencies and you can register online. They typically pay their teachers every two weeks, either directly into your bank account or through PayPal, whichever you prefer, and you can work as many hours as you wish, although living in Australia might mean working unsociable hours. You will have to invest in a few things, such as a whiteboard, a good computer, and a stable Internet connection, and as you become more experienced, your rate of pay would increase.
- Web Content Writing – Around 90% of the text online is written by professional content writers, which means there is always a demand, and finding an agency is simple with a Google search. If you are able to write 500-word articles on a wide range of topics that are grammatically correct and error-free, then you can earn a decent living writing for a content agency. You might be able to land a contract with a digital marketing company, as they are always in need of content writers, and this work allows you to decide what days you work and how much you do, and, of course, you can work from any location. The content provider would usually pay their writers on a weekly basis, while a few are monthly, and after a few months of blogging, you could step up to writing sales copy, which pays a lot more. If you do not have a good working computer, you can take out a personal loan, or buy a hi-spec laptop on finance, and aside from a stable Internet connection, that’s all you need to do the work. The advantages of working online are indeed many; no traveling, no need to dress up, plus you decide the hours and days you work, and due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, many people are turning to making a living online.
- Forex Trading – If you have a good analytical mind, you can make money trading in currency, and the best way to start is to create an account with a Forex broker, and they have practice environments that allow you to trade without using real money. This enables you to become familiar with everything before you actually start trading, and the broker offers round the clock support and will help you become a solid trader. You must be prepared to invest a lot of time in both research and looking at the markets, but if you apply yourself, you could make a good living trading currency. If you would like to learn more about Forex trading, a Google search will bring up a wealth of resources on the subject, and when you are ready, sign up with a leading Australian Forex broker and you are all set. You are advised to keep your day job, at least until you are actually making enough to quit, which might take a while as you become a better trader.
- Product Reviews – There are people who spend their working day writing product reviews and after a little training, you can create reviews that are used by digital marketing agencies. You would be given links to other reviews, then you can write your own based on another person’s review. This type of work can easily be found online, and if you Google ‘product review writers’, this will bring up a list of agencies that deal with writing product reviews, and you might have to take an online English test to determine whether or not you are a native English speaker. As with any freelance online work, you must have the discipline to put in the hours and let’s not forget you can work from any location, which allows a change of scenery. If you fancy a day at the beach, then why not? In fact, you could take a few weeks on the coast and still be able to work. Here is some Australian government information about becoming self-employed.
If you think you would like to try your luck at any of the above, a Google search will help you to get started, and before long you will be a freelance worker who chooses when they work while enjoying all the benefits that come with working online. The lifestyle is one of freedom and independence, and you will be one of the many thousands of Australians that make their living on the Internet.