Roti is the most renowned staple food in Indian cuisine. Most people consume roti as it has great nutritious values. They prefer this item both at lunch or dinner, sometimes Indians choose this dish to have in their breakfast. Besides, Every Indian’s common dream is to make a perfectly round–shaped roti. Though it is hard, the Rotimatic roti maker has made the task easier for you. Using this simple yet worthy kitchen appliance, you can make flawlessly round-shaped roti without any hard effort.
Now, coming to the side dishes, roti is an item that can taste awesome with several side dishes. It goes perfect with any curry whether it is a preparation of vegetables or meat. In some cases, people pick it simply with chutney or jaggery when in a hurry.
Here, you will be going to know some of the most basic and delicious food recipes that you can try with roti:
Mushrooms are a rich source of fiber and protein; it also contains selenium antioxidants and B vitamins. Thus, consuming the right amount of mushroom can make your immune system work well and prevent cell and tissue damage.
kadai mushroom is a popular Indian dish and the preparation is also simple. Due to its delicious taste, your children will not nag of having rotis.
To prepare the dish, you need the following items-
- Fresh mushrooms- 200 gm
- Vegetable oil: 2- 3 tablespoons
- Onions- 1 cup (240 ML= 1 cup)
- Tomatoes- 1 cup
- Cashew nuts- 6 to 8
- Grated ginger- 1.5 teaspoons
- Clove and garlic- as required
- Red chili powder- half teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves- half teaspoon
- Coriander seeds as needed
- Dried red chilies- 3 to 4
You need to prepare this recipe in two parts. First, you need to prepare the Kadai masala and after that, you will be making the whole recipe.
- To make the masala, at first you need to blend the dried red chilies and coriander seeds. Once the blending is completed, keep it aside.
- Place the pan in the oven and add the grated ginger, finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cashews, and salt. After that, sauté all the veggies until they take the fry-color.
- Thereafter, let the fried vegetables cool and paste them in the blender. Now, your Kadai masala is ready.
- Next, take some oil in the pan and add the previously cut mushrooms and fry them till it catches the golden color and put them aside.
- Then, again take some oil in the pan and heat it. When it is hot enough, add the previously prepared coriander and red chili powder and sauté it for a good two minutes.
- After that, add the tomato-onion paste and sauté it finely until it gets a thick consistency.
- Then add some water to make gravy and let it boil. Once the gravy is ready, pour the fried mushroom, Kasturi methi, crushed clove, and garlic and mix them gently, then cover it with the lid for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, it is ready to serve hot with home-cooked roti.
Mix veggies is another side dish that tastes delicious with roti. Apart from that, you can enjoy the nutritious value of several vegetables. For instance, the two main base vegetables of this dish are onions and potatoes. Onions have rich antioxidants that reduce triglycerides, cut the risk of heart diseases and also cure inflammation. Potatoes are packed with vitamin B6, C, and fiber which again lower the chances of chronic diseases. For more Recipes follow Rotimatic on facebook
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Onions- 2 to 3 onions
- Potatoes- 3 to 4 potatoes
- Tomatoes- 3 tomatoes
- Green peas- half cup
- Cauliflower- half cup
- Carrots- 2 carrots
- Capsicums – 1 capsicum
- Green chili- 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Coriander powder- 2 teaspoons
- Red chili powder- half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- half teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- half teaspoon
- vegetable oil- as required
- Cumin seeds- half teaspoon
The method of cooking this recipe is very simple and you can prepare it within a very short period
- First of all, chop all the vegetables in the same size so that it will take less time to cook all the vegetables.
- Then, take a frying pan and place it on the oven, after that, add some oil into it.
- Once the oil in the pan is heated, add the cumin seeds and sauté for a couple of seconds.
- Next, put the chopped onions and potatoes into it and fry them until they are brown-hued. After that, add the chopped tomatoes, cauliflower, green peas, capsicums, carrots.
- Once they are fried properly, add the salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala into the pan. Mix them very well and pour 2 cups of water to form the thin gravy.
- Cover it with a lid and cook the entire thing for at least 10 minutes.
- Your mix veggie is ready to serve hot with roti.
If you are confused about what to make as a side dish with roti, try these two recipes at home and enjoy a mouthwatering meal. Rotis are very beneficial for health as it contains nutritious elements. But making Rotis is a tough job. Thanks to the roti makers that have made your job easier. You can make Rotis without putting much of your effort. The latest rotimatic reviews suggest that it is very useful for your kitchen and it is a good investment that you can go for.