Data management is a process that involves securing, storing, validating, protecting, and reliably using data. This process is the cornerstone of any company since the data can be used to draw new customers and keep the old ones. Data is also used by marketing companies to enhance customer service and develop new business trends. For this reason, there is a need to properly manage the data that accrues from business activities in your organization. Below are more benefits of proper data management:
- It improves productivity because it makes it easier for employees to share accurate information among themselves.
- Cost-effective since your employees will have a specific location where they extract essential information.
- It keeps your data secure from unauthorized people who might want to access your company’s confidential information.
- You have an opportunity to make precise decisions now that you can refer to the available data.
When it comes to data sharing among your employees, you should have them send large datasets in the form of zip files. These kinds of files serve as archives that store a lot of data in multiple files. ZIP can either compress files or store them as they are. It all depends on your needs and the volume of data. The beauty of using ZIP is that it presents you with various methods of compressing files.
Well, there are tools that you use to manage your data. These business applications include:
1. Google Cloud
This is an online platform that allows you to transfer data into the cloud. Google postulates that in the coming years, about 75% of all databases will be uploaded to function on the cloud. The use of online databases will be the beginning of a new era in the field of data management. Google Cloud is ideal for storing structured and unstructured datasets. This tool is deemed one of the most durable online software for storing data.
Pro tip: In addition to Google Cloud, for secure management of data, and transfer of data through various mediums, it is important to use tools that are backed by Google Cloud. For instance, if your business requires the transfer of data in the form of large files and videos, you can use downloadable tools that require no special training to use, in this case, contain comprehensive guides, on how to send large videos, for example.
This software is one of the leading tools used in the management of business data. OpenKM is open source and is endowed with an easy-to-use interface that streamlines the process of managing data. This tool allows you to:
- Collect all your emails from various stakeholders as well as Google contacts and synchronize them.
- Offers antivirus protection of your company’s essential data.
- Connects to Microsoft Office tools to help you import, export, manage and transfer data to spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
- OpenKM can be translated into various languages which makes it easy for your foreign teams to make use of it.
This software was created to help companies with their file management activities. Dropbox offers numerous benefits such as:
- Flexible data storage plans that can store files in many terabytes.
- It allows you to store data in a protected format that restricts downloading by unauthorized people.
- Provides you with strong synchronization and high-end privacy options
- Easy accessibility of data since the database is online
- Offers you an opportunity to monitor how your employees are accessing data and provide you with a chance to restrict access.
- It is versatile since it is connected to more than 300,000 applications.
When adopted, this software will enable you and your employee to perform data exploration and analytics functions. Compared to other software, Chartio can be used by various professionals in the fields of sales, marketing, data analysis, and product teams as well as marketing executives. This application can be used to:
- Create reports as well as track business metrics and KPIs.
- Make data available for the less tech-savvy members of your team.
- Perform data exploration and warehousing functions.
- Sales quantification and forecast.
- Tracking of corporate metrics.
This software allows you to synchronize business documents and data making it possible for you and your employees to access these files remotely. This application is similar to Dropbox and was designed for use by small and mid-sized organizations. Cmissync offers numerous benefits to users including:
- Ease in the file selection
- Ability to synchronize files
- Ability to access files and folders
- Available in numerous languages
Most of these tools are open access hence it is easy to make use of them for free. You can have your team learn how to maneuver around them and use them for data management. Usage of this software will give you a competitive edge over your competitors which will make you thrive.