You’ve probably heard before about clean eating but do not exactly know what it’s about and how to join the health trend. Clean eating is consuming whole foods which are near as possible to their natural state. In other words, it is eating only foods which have undergone minimal processes of refining, processing and handling, making them as close to their natural state as possible. It does not involve eating a specific amount of food or less of something, but being mindful of where the food comes from, its process and how you finally put it on your plate.
Nowadays, it is difficult to find foods which have not been refined or processed in some way. This becomes a challenge for clean eating enthusiasts. The rationale of clean eating emphasizes on raw food options such as fruits and vegetables while eliminating refined grains, sugars, salt and unhealthy fats and proteins.
Should You Be Eating Clean?
Anyone aspiring for a healthy diet should go for clean foods. Eating clean is very easy to follow and does not require any strenuous effort apart from being mindful of your food choices. Unlike dieting, you are not restricted to any specific amount of food and hence calories. You can eat as much as you would like to, or less for that matter. What is important is to ensure that you make healthy food choices by selecting foods that are not refined or processed. Choose foods which are as close to their natural and raw state as much as possible.
How to Go about Eating Clean Food and Why it is Important to You
Clean eating has a lot of dietary benefits that comes along with it. Knowing how to make the right food choices is only the beginning. With the challenge of not knowing which food is to be considered clean, it is vital that you follow these steps to be able to eat clean.
- Eliminate processed foods: Processed foods have undergone various refining stages. They have additives and ingredients which are considered unhealthy. To begin with, check whether the ingredient list has anything that is classified as additive or artificial colors. Many refined foods have sodium, sugar and fat which do not qualify them as clean foods. There are however clean packaged foods such as whole-wheat pasta, baby spinach and chickpeas which are all good clean eating options.
- Eat more veggies: Vegetables are classy sources of vitamins A and K which help improve your vision and immune system. Go for fresh vegetables which are obtained straight from the farm, they are unprocessed and clean.
- Eat healthy fats: When eating clean, you do not need to cut back on all fat, but instead opt for clean options or healthy fats. Swap out saturated fats such as those found in meat, cheese and butter. Healthy fats are vital in improving the health of your heart and also in raising the level of the good cholesterol, HDL cholesterol.
- Reduce alcohol: This may contain unhealthy sugars and excess amount of calories which is not good for your health. Avoid mixed drinks containing lots of sugars. Be moderate in your alcohol intake-one drink per day for women and two for men.
- Monitor your salt intake: Many people have a problem of taking more than the recommended limit of 2,300 mg of sodium per day. This exposes them to high blood pressure. By eating clean, you should avoid packaged foods which are high in sodium.
- Eat whole grains: Choose whole grains which contain bran and germ, unlike refined grains which have them removed during processing. When shopping, check the label to ascertain that it is ‘whole wheat’ and not just ‘wheat’.
- Check the portion size of meat: Eat less meat. But this does not mean that you entirely eliminate any prospect of meat. Certain meats have saturated fat which does not constitute healthy eating. Lean meat is a preferred option.
- Eat more fruits: Fruits are naturally sweet, delicious, rich in potassium and vitamin C. Take 1½ to 2 cups of fruit per day to obtain the recommended vitamins. Go for whole unprocessed fruits which are raw and obtained straight from the farm.
- Clean eating requires your deliberate effort by consciously choosing what to eat and being mindful all the time. It is not difficult once you are aware of what you should be eating and what to avoid. Avoid or cut back on anything refined or containing unknown ingredients which form a lengthy list on the label. These are most likely processed and ultimately unclean foods.
Tips on Completing Your Presentation Best
How to Search for a Good Essay Writing Solutions
Tips of Finance Assignment Help Online
How to Manage and Avoid Complications of Gestational Diabetes
Best Portable DVD Player for Traveling
The Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself In New York
The Revenge of the Road Trip – Avoiding the Financial Aftermath of a Holiday
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
How to Spend Less Money and Save More Every Day
Tips to Keep Acid Reflux Away
The Power of Imagining Yourself Achieving Your Goals
Mastering The Art Of Goal Setting and Establishing Self Discipline
Send Your Love Through Beautiful Gifts
Five Things you can do to Stay Calm and Happy
Check Your Confidence Levels
5 Signs Your Loved One Is Addicted to Prescription Pills
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
It’s normal to get caught up in the frenzy of day-to-day life and forget all the dreams and hopes...
5 Ways You Might Be Sabotaging Yourself From Being Truly Happy
What if I told you that there is only one person in this world who can hold you back...
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....