Effective Ways to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles
“I feel most beautiful at night when I take my makeup off and it’s just me,” says Ashley Greene. It’s a pity how too few people these days, even the younger ones, can say this statement and really mean it. We will all age and grow wrinkles sooner than we think. When it’s finally your turn, you want to be able to say that you fought a good fight after reading all the eye cream reviews and yet still find the pride and grace to wear those aging imperfections because every line has a story to tell.
Why under eye wrinkles can be persistent
The skin around your eyes cannot be easily tamed. In as much as you would want to keep it clear of wrinkles for as long as you can, that area on your skin is almost always the first site where wrinkles thrive. Here are some of the reasons why:
- the skin around your eyes are not cushioned by a fatty layer commonly found elsewhere on your skin
- tiny capillaries underneath can easily break, limiting than the number of nutrients, including oxygen, circulating around these parts
- your eyes are anatomically set deeper into the skull than the rest of your face, and there’s very little muscle underneath to support it
Other contributing reasons:
- chronic stress and sleeplessness
- dry eyes and eye pressure
- poor vision and squinting
- too much screen time
- health conditions that dehydrate the eye area
Managing eye wrinkles
It is generally harder to correct and reverse wrinkles that appear around the eyes. Here are at least 7 ways as to how to get rid of wrinkles around these parts:
- Get on an anti-aging skin care routine. There is a proper skincare regimen for people of all ages and that suits all skin types. When you see wrinkles, it’s a sign that you need to be on a wrinkle correction and prevention regimen.
That means you need a more complex combination of ingredients to help your skin better cope with the general slowdown in cellular activities. A product rich in Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil, hyaluronic acid, and antioxidants, like Eyevage Eye Cream, can help you get on top of your eye wrinkle problems. You should also consider adding a retinol to your routine.
- Botox and dermal fillers. When you want a fast, almost instant solution to your eye wrinkle woes, you may have to get a dermal injection. You must consider all the pros and cons before you make your doctor’s schedule, most especially that getting these procedures done will require maintenance and re-injection, approximately every 4 to 6 months.
- Sign up for a clinic-based skincare program. If the idea of scalpel and needles don’t sit well with your preferences, you should look at non-invasive and minimally-invasive procedures that include everything from chemical peels to microdermabrasion, laser therapy, radiofrequency therapy, and cryotherapy. Know all the upside and downside of each treatment before sitting in your first session.
- Use makeup. Covering up skin imperfections is exactly the purpose for which makeup was ever invented. Keep your eye wrinkle cover up simple, easy and straight to the point. First, deep moisturize your eye area, using a combination of eye serum and eye cream to plump your skin. Second, use a lightweight and luminous BB Cream to even out your skin tone. Third, add more shimmer around your eyes using a shimmer cream of powder. Such products reflect backlight which makes your eye area appear radiant and more youthful.
- Keep your eyes moisturized. Never endure the discomfort of dry eyes. Have a moisturizing eye dropper next to you, most especially when you spend hours on screen. Dry eye area zaps out the moisture from surrounding areas too, leaving your skin thirsty for hydration.
- Deep moisturize every night with a face mask. Face masks are easily accessible. In your case, it is the hydrating ones where you can derive the most benefits that you should use. If you’re game to DIY, mix cosmetic grade essential oils together with anti-inflammatory extracts such as tea tree, and brightening properties like licorice.
- Relax. Too much stress and chronic sleeplessness do make you look old. Set aside a holy hour every day when you don’t have to think about anything but relax or meditate.
Your eyes’ appearance greatly influences how others perceive you. Follow these 7 tips to say, “Hello” to your bright, lively eyes once again.