Many people faced very frequent mistake when started games or applications. Such problem often appears in games like GTA 4, Battlefield 3, Flatout 3, the Witcher 2 and applications – Opera, Skype, Nero, Pcsx2, Crossfire especially if those were downloaded from torrents. Usually, the window with an error pointing out that msvcr100.dll file is missing appears.
However, it is easy to fix msvcr100.dll error using two different ways:
- download the msvcr100.dll file for Windows manually and then to place it in the necessary folder and register in the system
- completely reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 package which contains the library
Option 1 – Download msvcr100.dll and register it
In order to manage this way you only need to:
- download the msvcr100.dll file from
- copy library in the necessary folder, depending on the Windows version you have – x32 or x64
- register the file in a system using the regsvr32 msvcr100.dll command
In order to download the file, you need to make sure you have found the reputable source. You can download the original file following the link above. Afterward, you need to find the destination folder for the prescribed library. You can easily find it if you know the OS version.
For a 32-bit operating system, you need to place the library in folder С: \Windows\System32.
If you have a 64-bit Windows, then you need to paste the downloaded file in the SysWOW64 folder here C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
If you do not know the OS version you can find it out in My Computer- Properties.
Afterward, you need to register msvcr100.dll in the system – it is kind of activation and is necessary to inform your system that the library was downloaded on your PC and can be used. For this purpose press, the Start button and select in the menu the Run options – in the appeared window enter the regsvr32 msvcr100.dll command.
Reboot the PC and try to launch the application you had an issue with again. You are likely to run it smoothly.
Option 2 – Reinstallation of C ++ for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
The msvcr100.dll file is included into the C ++ for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and it is necessary for the start of the majority of modern games. To fix the problem with this file it is necessary to reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 libraries and after that, the problem will be solved after reboot, but it is rather a long way and you should also wait until the installation is finished.
- for 32-bit OS you should start and install the vcredist_x86.exe file
- for 64-bit OS – the vcredist_x64.exe file has to be installed
After the download is finished it is necessary to perform 3 operations:
- to start the installation file
- to approve the license agreement and wait until the installation process is completed
- to reboot the PC
Usually, the prescribed above is enough to fix the problem. If the problem remains it is likely you have downloaded the wrong version of the software – make sure it is the 2010 version as there are also 2007, 2015, and many more version of Visual C++ Redistributable.