Disabled parking spaces, reserved spaces, parent and child parking, pedestrian walkways, etc. are some signs that you can find in the parking lots. The car park line marking helps drivers to identify the place to park their cars so that it can become easy to retrieve later. Drivers with disabilities and other people like parents with young kids can use parking spaces allotted to them thereby reducing their trouble. Thus, the car park line marking is a very essential type of line marking. With proper markings, people can easily understand where to park. This reduces the amount of difficulty of parking and retrieving of the car and more importantly enhances the safety of the driver and pedestrians. There are many more benefits of car park line marking which are mentioned below.
Advantages Of Car Park Markings
Big commercial, official and residential establishments require big car parking lots. With proper line markings in such a big area can allow vehicles to be parked and located quite easily. There are many benefits of getting proper markings for the car parking lots.
- Good impression: A properly marked car parking lot allows people to understand the markings clearly. This creates a good impression among the people who park their cars. For a business to experience a boom, this factor can work in their favor as potential and existing customers will like visiting such a place.
- Proper organization: If there is no visible car park line marking, people can park their cars anywhere. As a result, there can be chaos while retrieving cars. For safe and hassle-free parking, appropriate line marking is needed.
- Utilization and maximization of space: With proper car park line marking it is possible to maximize the space to allow vehicles of all sizes to be parked effectively. Appropriate line markings can allow smooth outgoing and incoming of vehicles from the parking space.
- Easy parking and retrieval: With visible line marking drivers can find the right spot to park the vehicle. They can also locate their car so that they can retrieve the vehicle easily as well.
- Safety: Defined marking like disabled parking space, loading areas, pedestrian walkways etc. can help prevent accidents and ensure smooth flow of traffic in and out of the parking lots.
- Maximization of space:
- Line markings ensure that parking lot spaces are not too wide and help you organize the cars and you can park a number of the vehicle in smaller space.
Things To Consider For Marking At Car Park
Before you get started on your DIY project of car park line marking, you must understand a few things like the type of materials available and which one to choose for the job. The items to consider for road signs and car park signs are:
- Hot-applied thermoplastic: These are highly used for all kinds of traffic and car park line marking as these can easily stick to bitumen surface using heat transfer bonding. Spray, screed and extrusion are some ways to apply these on the surface.
- Tape: The rolls of tapes in different colors can be used for creating markings on the car parking lots. Although these are easy to apply, these are only suitable for smooth surfaces.
- Pre-formed thermoplastics: Some pre-cut logos are available that can be used for creating signs in the parking lot. These can be applied by using gas torch and hand.
- Paint: Epoxy, MMA and water-based acrylic paints can be used to create signs on the road as well as car parking. These are ideal for both indoors as well as outdoors, concrete and block paving.
To sum up we can say that a well-organized marking system for car parking can help the business establishments to attract potential customers as well as well as maintain safety.