You are probably dreamy-eyed and excited about your entrepreneurial prospects. And as a newbie, you are probably trying to economize by doing most of the work like keeping up with your social media accounts, answering client emails, searching for new clients, maintaining your blog, etc.
Hopefully, things go well and your business begins to flourish. However, eventually, the joy of having your own business becomes a chore. You’re bogged down with endless tasks and there are simply not enough hours in the day to complete them.
If you are a business person with more things to do than the time to do them, then the moment is probably ripe for hiring outside assistance. A virtual assistant is what you need and luckily, today’s technology has got you covered. Sure, the first thing that presumably comes to mind is cost, but you can easily control costs and free up your time for other things like traveling or perhaps a favorite hobby.
What is a Virtual Assistant and Exactly How Can They Help You
In a nutshell, a virtual assistant (or VA) is someone whom you can hire to perform various tasks for you remotely. They can carry out any task online in accordance with your wishes.
Tasks a virtual assistant can perform for you include everything from editing and scheduling your blog posts to bookkeep and web design. What’s more, your VA may be better at specific tasks like marketing or research than you! That will help your business to perform better and possibly increase revenue. Not only that, you’ll have more free time to do the things you love.
How Much Does a Virtual Assistant Cost?
The cost of a virtual assistant will vary. They may charge per-hour or independently for each task. Prices can range from as little as $5 to more than $100. For example, according to the job posting and remote worker sites like Upwork, the average pay for an executive assistant is $38 to $50 an hour. Jobs like proofreading and data entry will cost approximately $12 to $20 and more per hour.
The site Fiverr offers a broad range of services. They provide a list of VAs waiting to assist you with everything from voice-overs to designing book covers for as little as $5.
Do You Need a VA?
If you want to free up more of your time for other interests, then yes, you probably need a virtual assistant. Answer these questions:
- Are you unable to do other things you would love to do because you’re working 24/7?
- Is progress difficult because you can’t reply to clients within a reasonable time?
- Do you have trouble prioritizing business tasks?
- Are you often overcome by anxiety due to your workload?
- Are you stuck with doing monotonous tasks?
If any of the questions above pertain to you, it’s time to hire external help.
5 Ways Hiring a Virtual Assistant Will Give You More Leisure Time
Experiencing the advantages of hiring a VA – you may need to hire more than one and assuming that you’ve chosen wisely – will give you more time to do things you love outside of work such as:
- More time to spend with loved ones. There’s nothing worse than feeling guilty about the time you spend on your business to the neglect of those closest to you.
- Do you have a favorite hobby you’ve been anxious to get your hands on? Hiring a VA will give you the time to expand your horizons.
- If you enjoy traveling but haven’t had the opportunity to spread your wings, you’re virtually covered with a VA. This is when the handiness of having extra help online is so obviously advantageous, as you can create new tasks and even pay online no matter where you are in the world!
- Considering that you will be able to focus more on your current and potential clients, you will be able to increase revenue and add value to your business. You’ll have more cash to indulge in your leisure activities as well.
- You will enjoy your business more, as it won’t seem like such a chore but something that you have chosen to do because..well, you love to do it!
Make having your own business more enjoyable by hiring virtual help and doing more of the things you love to do.