Botox is a popular brand of medical and cosmetic injectables that have a wide range of indications. On the one hand, is oftentimes used to treat excessive sweating (or, as it is also called, severe underarm sweating), overactive bladder, cervical dystonia, abnormal head position, urge urinary incontinence, upper limb spasticity, nerve disorders, and muscle spasms. On the other hand, however, Botox is frequently applied in aesthetic medicine to reduce the appearance of dynamic facial wrinkles.
However, how long does Botox last on average? What factors influence its duration? And, finally, how to prolong the efficiency of Botox injections? Let us find answers to these questions together by going through the below-mentioned article.
As a side note: Botox is based on botulinum toxin type A, which serves as a powerful muscle relaxant. However, there exists a great number of other botulinum toxin products, such as Azzalure, Bocouture, or Dysport.
Before We Start: Order Botox Online on DKderma
Before we delve into the discussion of Botox results, it might be useful to mention that you might safely buy Botox online on Dkderma.com. While being a reliable supplier of original botulinum neurotoxin products and dermal fillers, it offers:
- Advantageous prices;
- Reliable delivery options;
- Helpful customer support service.
As a safety note: Please note that Botox belongs to products intended for professional use. Thus, it is sold exclusively to certified healthcare providers.
So, feel free to browse across the assortment of the website and buy Botox beneficially.
How Long Does Botox Last on Average?
Botox injection is a minimally invasive procedure that should be performed by a healthcare practitioner with medical education. It assumes the intramuscular administration of the product with the help of a fine gauge needle and does not require any downtime.
In most cases, the result of Botox becomes visible within a couple of days and reaches its maximum within two weeks after the injection. It tends to last around six months (still, this number is strongly individual).
As soon as the result of the procedure is over, further Botox injections might be scheduled. By means of having botulinum toxin administered from time to time, a patient might remain “young and beautiful” for a substantial time period.
As a side note: The main cosmetic purposes of Botox are overall facial rejuvenation and enhancement. They are usually achieved by the reduction of dynamic wrinkles that appear due to active facial expressions. At the same time, a hyaluronic acid filler might be a more reasonable solution if a patient needs to take care of static wrinkles.
What Factors Influence the Duration of Botox Treatment?
The duration of botulinum toxin effects is strongly individual. It depends on a great variety of factors, such as:
- Personal peculiarities of a patient. They include a patient’s current medical conditions, skin type, and age. According to numerous clinical trials, the older a person is, the less durable the result from Botox injections will be;
- Lifestyle and habits of a patient. For instance, the result of botulinum toxins might fade away quicker than expected if a patient smokes, drinks alcohol, or undergoes direct sun exposure;
- The expertise of a medical professional. Only highly skilled healthcare professionals might define the correct dosage and use the proper technique when injecting Botox, which eventually leads to better results.
As a side note: In some cases, the administration of Botox might lead to the appearance of adverse reactions, such as flu-like symptoms, nausea, or skin redness at the injection site. They tend to disappear on their own within a couple of days after the treatment and do not require prompt medical therapy.
How to Prolong the Efficiency of Botox Injections?
There exist several effective recommendations on how to prolong the efficiency of Botox and other muscle relaxants based on botulinum toxin. Check out the list of the main ones:
- Avoid direct sun exposure and apply a special sun protection cream to the skin areas that have undergone the Botox therapy;
- Stay away from excessive heat. Namely, do not visit saunas or take hot bath tubes directly after the procedure;
- Try to leave your facial muscles relaxed for at least a couple of days after a Botox injection. To do so, evade overactive facial expressions;
- Take proper charge of your skincare routine. For instance, do not forget about applying a moisturizer to your skin regularly and remove the makeup each time before going to sleep;
- Eat healthily, drink plenty of water, and lead an active lifestyle (yes-yes, it is as simple as that).
By means of adhering to these simple recommendations, patients treated with Botox will be able to both avoid the increased risk of any complications after the procedure and maximize the result of the treatment.
As a side note: Depending on your individual situation, a medical professional might provide you with other personalized recommendations on how to prolong the efficiency of Botox injections, as well as create a personalized plan of botulinum toxin administration.
All in all, the duration of Botox is strongly individual. While lasting for six months in most cases, botulinum toxin results might differ a lot depending on a whole bunch of factors. So, feel free to contact your medical professional and try out Botox yourself to figure out how long it will last in your case!