Dry herbs vaporizers work by filling your oven or chamber with the product of your choice which should only be a flower or plant matter. It is then heated by the device to turn it into a vapour you can inhale. After using it, aftercare for your vaporizer is important. In taking care of your dry herb vaporizer, cleaning is the most essential part. If you don’t clean your vaporizer, chances are it’s going to get clogged. The residue of your product left every after a session will start to pile and block the airflow in your device until it starts to become unusable. For first-time dry herbs vaporizer owners, it can get tricky to clean your vaporizer. However, some vaporizers are easier to do so. An example of these vaporizers is furna. You can try using furna as your first vaporizer and get an easier-to-clean vaporizer that will make your first experience of using a dry herb vaporizer a good one.
So for first-timers, here are the steps on how you can clean your dry herbs vaporizer.
First, you will need these materials or cleaning supplies:
- Canned air
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Small soft bristle brush
- Cotton Swabs
- Cotton cloth
- Toothpicks or pin
- After using your dry herb vaporizer, let it cool down completely. You might get your fingers burnt if you do not wait for your device’s heating elements to cool down. Usually, it takes one hour after using the vape before it’s safe to be cleaned.
- After letting your device cool down, you need to disassemble it and place each part on a paper towel or paper plate to avoid losing any part and keeping them dry during the entire cleaning process.
- Using the soft bristle brush, clean the chamber or oven of your dry herb vaporizer by rubbing the brush. This process with the bristle brush will help loosen debris and dust particles that may have been left there and settled. Make sure all particles are removed by turning the oven or chamber upside down. Remove any particles from it by using the canned air. To disinfect it, soak the cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol and wipe the chamber.
- As mentioned above, the filter screen in your device might get clogged by residue. Using a pin or a toothpick, unclog the filter screen by carefully poking it with a pin or toothpick. You really have to be careful doing this so you can dislodge any particle or debris without damaging your filter screen. After unclogging the screen, soak another cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and disinfect it.
- In cleaning the mouthpiece, wipe it with a cotton cloth thoroughly and disinfect it with a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol.
- Let all the pieces dry before you assemble your dry herb device. For a regular cannabis user, it is advised to clean your vaporizer once a week. However, it is best to clean it every time you use it so bacteria won’t grow, especially if others get to use your vaporizer.