Your website’s conversion is the key factor in the success of an online marketing campaign. In simple terms, conversion means making your visitors do what the website intends them to do. This could mean having them fill out a lead form, download a whitepaper, buy a product or service, register for a newsletter, or any other action that constitutes a successful marketing campaign.
In today’s business climate a successful business has to promote its brand on the internet. Moreover, more consumers are going online before making a purchase. Therefore, a good online marketing strategy is beneficial to both online and brick and mortar stores.
Here, we have developed a helpful guide to creating a digital marketing strategy that will boost your business by enabling you to attract leads and convert them into customers. Pay attention to the following elements on which a good online marketing strategy heavily relies:
Search Engine Optimization
A significant number of people rely on search engines to shop for goods and services. If your website ranks poorly on search engines like Google, you are losing out. Optimize your website to make it appear as high on the search engine results page as possible. The following steps can help you improve your ranking:
- Research the relevant keywords. Use tools like Google Keyword Tool and ahrefs. If your business belongs to an extra-competitive niche, ensure that it ranks number one for local searches within your region or state.
- Integrate relevant keywords and phrases into your content: Even as you use the keywords, ensure that you publish quality content. Search engines no longer rely solely on keywords to rank pages, they care about user experience.
- Make your website mobile-friendly.
- Link building: Ensure that your content is good enough for people to link to it thus improving your ranking. You can build such connections by guest posting on other sites and sharing your content on social media platforms.
Optimize Your Site Design
Customer experience is greatly enhanced if your website is easy to use. People are more likely to develop an interest in what you are offering if they can load your site quickly and view it on multiple devices. Look into the following:
- Optimize your website for mobile devices: A mobile-friendly website is good for SEO because it enables you to tap into mobile traffic.
- Make your site lighter: Websites that load faster are generally more effective at converting. Optimize the media on your site for faster loading times both on mobile and PC. Check out Admiral Market’s website to see a sample of a website with perfect speed optimization.
- Make the site easy to navigate: De-cluttering your website, creating a sitemap, and a search bar can help in that regard.
Social Media Presence
Social Media is huge these days. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other platforms are proving very useful to the business. Companies now have to be active on these platforms because it enables them to market their products and interact with their customers.
In addition to that, it brings more traffic to your website. Develop a sound social media strategy that will allow you to leverage this useful resource. Remember, you don’t have to be on all the platforms. Just find out the one where most of your prospective customers are likely to be and concentrate on creating a meaningful presence there.
It is aimed at diversifying your website marketing strategy. Build solid email lists by:
- Giving visitors the option to join using popups, a sidebar, or when they buy a product.
- Using your landing page to collect email addresses from your leads.
Email marketing enables you to reach out to your customers more intimately whenever you want to introduce a new product, make important announcements, and alert them on new promotional campaigns. Just ensure that you don’t spam their inboxes.
Traffic acquired through organic means takes time to materialize. In the meantime, you can spend money to increase your traffic. Two ways to achieve that are:
- Google AdWords: There are many strategies that Google uses to funnel traffic to different websites at a small fee. Pay Per Click (PPC) is quite prominent.
- Social Media Advertising: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the rest allow you to target specific audiences with sponsored posts. They can augment your own posts and widen your reach.
Even as your organic volumes catch up, paid advertisements can complement your efforts and help you boost your conversion rates.
Implement these important aspects to your digital marketing strategy and you will be well on your way to higher conversion rates and bigger profit margins. If you can’t do it on your own, outsource this function to a credible marketing agency. You can’t afford to forego the benefits of an efficient online marketing campaign. follow this guide to know about Omnichannel marketing.