As more and more salons come up with the latest hair treatments, we’re ending up doing more harm than good. Too much styling using heat and chemicals leads to various hair issues like dryness, frizz, hair fall, and less growth of hair. A proper diet, healthy lifestyle, and balance in hormones will help determine the good development and health of your hair.
Even as we cannot completely give up using products, some simple ingredients can be used to give your hair that much needed boost and health. Garlic is one such ingredient.
Effects of Garlic On Hair Growth
- Garlic, also known as the “Wonder Drug,” is highly enriched with medicinal and ameliorate properties.
- It is enriched with compounds like calcium, zinc, and various other minerals.
- Its properties of killing germs and bacteria help in fighting against various bacterial infections.
- The compound known as selenium present in garlic helps in curing the cancerous cells and stimulates the flow of hemoglobin in the body.
- Garlic assists in attaining excellent hair growth and helps in preventing hair fall.
- It helps in aiding the growth of hair follicles and eliminates harmful substances from the scalp.
- Garlic helps improve the texture of your hair and strengthens the roots.
- The compound allicin present in garlic helps in increasing the circulation of hemoglobin towards the scalp, thus minimizing hair fall to a great extent.
- The properties of garlic help in treating the affected scalp and dandruff.
- The compound sulphur minimizes the seriousness of dandruff and also prevents it from returning.
- Garlic is highly enriched with copper which helps in hair growth. Copper helps in making hair strong and thick.
- Raw garlic is highly enriched with Vitamin C which is great for the health of your hair.
- Garlic also contains iron which aids blood flow to the hair follicles.
How to Use Garlic For Hair Growth
1. The easiest way to utilize the many benefits of garlic is to add it to your shampoo or conditioner. It is, however, recommended that garlic be used in either of these ways only twice a month, as over usage can cause aridness of hair and scalp. Since honey is a natural conditioner, you can add it along with the garlic. This will help smooth hair as well as reduce the smell of garlic. Another alternative is to add some ginger along with garlic to eliminate the odor. The properties and minerals present in ginger provide nourishment and also help attain beautiful and healthy hair.
2. Submerging garlic pods in olive oil for seven days will help prevent hair fall. This should be applied to the hair and scalp and left overnight. Wash it off the next day.
3. To prevent white hair, add a few slices of garlic along with some black pepper granules to coconut oil. Heat this up and let it cool. Apply regularly for a span of a few days on your hair and scalp.
4. The aromatic spice can be crushed and the juice can be directly applied over the scalp and strands of hair. The juice can be applied either at night or morning as per your convenience. Keep this on for a few minutes. Wash off properly with a good shampoo or a conditioner.
While we can’t give up on our styling and coloring, one thing we can surely do is take care of our hair.
With a little effort and some time, it’s easy to ensure our hair is healthy, strong, thick, and beautiful. Have you tried the garlic hair growth technique yet? Or do you have some other secret ingredient? Do let us know in the comments.