The current wave of rapid development across a range of industries brings with it a range of innovative tech products, making this a very exciting time to be alive. We have come a long way since the turn of the century, especially with digital tech, and with that in mind, here are our top 10 new tech products of 2021 that you should check out.
- Rollable Phone – This revolutionary concept design is showcased by LG and Oppo, with a screen that can be adjusted from 6.7 to 7.14 inches. Yes, they are expensive and like most innovative new devices, the prices will come down as the device gains popularity. If your partner is the kind that likes to be one of the first to show new gadgets, this would make for an amazing birthday gift.
- The E-Scooter – This is a great way to travel in the city and if you want the very best model, check out the Segway Ninebot Kickscooter MAX, which has more features than we could list in this article. The specs are very appealing, with a maximum 65km range, with a top speed of 25kph and this e-scooter can handle a payload of up to 100kg.
- Bluetooth Dog Flap – Market leader for this amazing device is myQ Pet Portal and your pooch wears a special Bluetooth collar that causes the flap to open as the canine nears the unit. Why not incorporate hi-tech with our pets? This is not a cheap device but you won’t have to worry about Fido anymore!
- Razer: Project Brooklyn Gaming Chair – The state-of-the-art gaming chair has arrived and it isn’t called a chair anymore, rather it is a luxury gaming pod. This unit consists of a surreal curved 60-inch screen for the ultimate panoramic view, while special ergonomic cushions wrap the player and RGB lighting is piped around the chair for an eerie F-18 pilot feel. Of course, you simply must have surround-sound headphones for the ultimate gaming experience and once in place, you no longer need to be stuck in 3 dimensions!
- Prusa Mini-3D Printer – The perfect entry machine that enables you to design and create amazing things; the unit is made in the Czech Republic and must be assembled and calibrated for use. This is an open unit 3D printer that is fantastic value for money and once you are competent, there isn’t much that you can’t make.
- Oculus Quest 2 – VR Headset – Many pro-gamers rate this as the best value for money from the many VR headset manufacturers. An amazing 90Hz refresh rate and an incredible 100-degree vision, this LCD unit has a resolution of 3664 x 1920, which is awesome. Arm yourself with a few of the latest games and leave this crazy world behind, at least for a few hours with this under-$400 VR headset.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max – This is the smartphone that has it all, as you would expect from Apple, who consistently raise the bar with the 6.7-inch OLED screen with a resolution of 2728 x 1284. The A14 bionic CPU smoothly processes data at super-fast speeds and 6Gb of RAM is more than enough for most applications and the long battery life is another tick for this amazing smartphone to beat all smartphones. Note; If you are an Android disciple, check out the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, which, in our humble opinion, is the best Android device out there!
- Zero SR-F – E-Motorcycle – Don’t be fooled by the ‘e’, this beast can sprint from 0-100kph in 3.5 seconds and if you are an avid biker who wants to set the right example, this is the bike for you. A mind-boggling top speed of almost 200kph demands respect and weighing in at 300lbs, this machine incorporates MotoGP tech, which gives superb handling. If you are looking to buy a bicycle, here are a few tips.
- Hoverboard – Of course, we know that hoverboards don’t actually hover, but if your job involves a lot of walking, the Segway Ninebot S-MAX with LED lights is the perfect vehicle for you. At just under 13kg, the unit is portable and with dual 400W motors, this board can propel a 220lb person at 10mph all day. This board is kitted out for all-weather riding and has great grip with wider than normal tyres. You might have to wait for your order, as Segway are working round the clock to produce more of their innovative range of tech products such as hoverboards and e-scooters.
- Tesla Model 3 – Electric Vehicle – We couldn’t put together a top 10 list of new tech stuff without adding the best of the EVs. Top Gear rated this Musk-created model in second place, behind the Porsche Taycan and for very good reason, as this vehicle ticks all the boxes and in many experts’ opinion, it is the best of the bunch in 2021.
This is an exciting time to be alive and if you have a lot of disposable income, all of the above can be sourced (and ordered) online. As the Covid pandemic continues to produce new variants, you should the current state of play at the Australian government website.