If you don’t want to handle filing all LLC formation paperwork, you can entrust such a hassle to one of the online LLC services to do it for you, and even more, for you. LegalZoom is among them.
Being one of the best LLC formation service providers, LegalZoom can make it much cheaper and easier to launch your new business than, for example, if you decide to hire a lawyer.
Forming an LLC, offering legal advice, reminding you of filing deadlines, complying with state requirements, providing registered agents for your company – all these services you will get if you decide to work with LegalZoom.
In our LegalZoom review, we will cover its pricing policy, what services this online company offers, and if it is the right service for opening your LLC.
What Is LegalZoom?
Since it was founded, LegalZoom has served more than 4 million people and opened more than 2 million businesses. Therefore, one of the most experienced LLC formation and legal advice services is LegalZoom.
The fame of LegalZoom lies in the fact that it operates in all 50 states, and you can get legal advice on almost any issue. Many entrepreneurs find it appealing that they can get the majority of their business document requirements, as well as legal services that they would not find in a standard law firm:
- Powers of attorney;
- Review of LLC legal documents;
- Tax advice;
- Trademark registration;
- Copyright protection;
- Contracts and agreements;
- Real estate leases and deeds;
- Applying for a patent, etc.
LegalZoom aims to make legal advice more affordable for every small-business entrepreneur. Its prices are clear and flat, which makes usually high-priced legal services more accessible.
LegalZoom Services, Features and Prices
Such concepts as money and business are on par, so LLC formation expenses can be the first question for entrepreneurs. When choosing an LLC creation service, you should pay great attention to its prices.
LegalZoom provides a lot of legal services, which makes it difficult to come up with a complete list of prices. Service costs differ and depend on the package you choose, the state you set up an LLC in, what services you need, etc. Speaking about state fees, they may range from $50 and up to $500.
LegalZoom offers three formation packages and they are the following:
- Economy: This basic LLC formation package costs $79 plus state fees (can reach $130 or even more). If you purchase this option, you will get the following services: LLC name availability check, preparing and filing the Articles of Organization, and a financial account authorization letter. However, the Economy LLC formation Package doesn’t include an EIN (Employer Identification Number) obtainment and Operating Agreement, but you can order them separately for $79 and $99.
This package fits best those customers who only want the basic LLC services and have no specified time frame for business registration because it refers to the slowest LLC formation option.
- Standard: A LegalZoom Standard LLC creation package is $329 and, of course, state fees. In addition to the essential services of the Economy package, the Standard option provides you with an LLC corporate kit with 20 customized member certificates, your LLC company seal, and a personalized binder with your business name. Moreover, you will benefit from VIP expedited processing.
Therefore, if you want to create your business a bit quicker, the Standard LLC package will be a better choice.
- Express Gold: For the price of $349 plus state fees, you can expedite your order and it will be processed within 7-10 business days. Furthermore, it is the only difference between the previous package. When you want express shipping and rush processing and are ready to pay for these, the LegalZoom Express Gold package will be the best option for you.
As for additional legal help you can get, LegalZoom is ready to offer you:
- A trademark registration – from $199 + federal fees;
- Copyright Registration – from $114 + federal fees;
- Registered agent service – $299/year;
- Utility Patent – from $699 + fees, and more other features.
Customer LegalZoom Reviews
With that vast experience and over two million businesses formed, LegalZoom has thousands of reviews online. If you start searching, you’ll find many bad ones as well as customer reviews from satisfied clients.
Many people enjoy LegalZoom’s easy-to-navigate website, helpful and knowledgeable customer service team, and they like how the company has done its job and helped form LLC businesses in an affordable and quick way.
However, negative reviews show that sometimes it takes a lot of time to reach a company representative in its customer service centers. In addition, a few customers have also noted some glitches in the mobile app from LegalZoom.
Overall, most LegalZoom feedback rates its service at 3.5-4 stars.
LegalZoom Advantages and Disadvantages
As any online formation service, LegalZoom also has its pros and cons. Nevertheless, in comparison to using traditional legal service providers, LegalZoom has more advantages than disadvantages.
- One of the biggest and most reliable service providers in the industry;
- A satisfaction guarantee policy;
- Free operating agreement;
- Excellent customer service;
- All-inclusive legal business plan;
- A network of law specialists in all 50 states;
- Competitive and transparent pricing policy.
- Relatively expensive business formation;
- Free registered agent service not included for the first year;
- Doesn’t provide legal representation in court.
Is LegalZoom a Good Option For You?
To sum up, if you are going to start your own LLC, LegalZoom will be a perfect choice for legal assistance to consult with. Of course, there are online LLC providers that have lower prices for the same services and offer more features, but you will definitely get the job done professionally and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
However, if you want the best-priced LLC service, we recommend that you choose another LLC formation service available online.