According to studies, individuals who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the ability to control their behavior and emotions. They also have the capability to handle life trials and challenges, recover from serious setbacks and build strong and healthy relationships with others. However, you need to bear in mind that if you want to maintain or build emotional health, mental health and physical health, effort, commitment, time and dedication are highly recommended.
It is true that enhancing your mental and emotional health is a rewarding experience that you will definitely love. Mental health can benefit all the salient aspects of your life such as adding enjoyment to your day to day activities, building resilience and most importantly boost your mood.
For those people who are experiencing emotional health or mental health problems, it is very important that they are familiar with and aware of how to get rid of it in just a short period of time. Here, you will learn the real definition and significance of emotional health and mental health.
A Quick Glimpse to Emotional Health or Mental Health
Emotional or mental health usually refers to your overall psychological being. It also includes your ability to manage your emotions and feelings, build relationships, develop the way you look and feel about yourself and most importantly how you can deal with extreme difficulties. Mental health is not just about the absence of mental health issues and problems.
Being emotionally and mentally healthy is more than being free of psychological issues, anxiety, and depression. The absence of emotional and mental health commonly refers to the presence of excellent characteristics. There are some people who don’t have negative emotions and feelings however they still need to do things that will make them feel good and positive to help them get a hold on their emotional and mental health. Individuals who are emotionally and mentally healthy have the following:
- High self-esteem and self-confidence
- They have the ability to maintain and build fulfilling relationships
- They have a balance between their play, work, activity, rest and a lot more
- They have the flexibility to know and learn new things and at the same time they can easily adapt it to change
- They have a great sense of purpose and meaning in their relationships and activities
- They have the ability to easily and effectively deal with life challenges and stress and bounce back from adversity
- They have the ability to have fun and laugh as well as they have the zest for living
- People who are emotionally and mentally healthy have a great sense of tranquility and contentment.
The positive characteristics of emotional and mental health will allow you to easily participate in all the latest happenings in your life by having strong relationships, meaningful activities and being productive every single day. The effective and positive characteristics of emotional and mental health will greatly help you to quickly cope with life stresses, trials, and challenges.
Warning Signs of Having Emotional or Mental Health Problems
Not all people are familiar with and aware of the warning signs of having emotional or mental health issues and problems. For those people who want to know and learn about the warning signs of having emotional and mental health issues and problems, just check this out:
- Inability to execute daily activities and tasks such as getting to school or work and taking care of your family and kids
- Thinking of harming other people and yourself
- Believing things or hearing voices that are not real
- Having persistent memories and thoughts that you can’t easily get out of your mind
- Experiencing mood swings that can cause major problems in your relationships
- Fighting and yelling with friends and family
- Feeling unusually scared, worried, upset, angry, forgetful and confused
- Using drugs, drinking, and smoking
- Feeling hopeless and helpless
- Having unexplained pains and aches
- Feeling numb
- Having no energy
- Pulling away from your usual activities and people
- Sleeping and eating too little or too much
Mental Wellness and Health
According to studies, positive and good mental health allows you to:
- Make evocative contributions to your community
- Work productively
- Cope with pressure and stress in life
- Realize your full potential
Effective Ways to Build and Maintain Positive and Better Mental Health
- Developing your coping skills
- Get accurate hours of sleep
- Helping other people
- Getting physically fit and active
- Staying positive
- Connecting with other people
- Getting professional guidance, advice, and help especially if you need it
It is a fact that emotional and mental health issues and problems are quite common in different parts of the world. According to researches, many American adults experience mental health problems. In addition to this, young people also experience major depression and some Americans live with a serious mental problem that includes depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia. Moreover, suicide is considered as the top-notch cause of major death in the United States of America.