If you are looking for a healthy diet to change your life for the good, then the Paleo diet is the best option available. This diet is based on the idea of eating foods that our bodies were made for thousands of years ago. Such foods were there to the early people through gathering and hunting. During modern times, innovation in technology has made other foods like processed items, dairy products, etc. which are not that simple to digest. Foods that are recommended in this diet provide the body with longer-lasting and more efficient results that even help in burning the fat.
The Paleo diet is believed to be perfect for the regulation of blood regulation, digestion, better sleep, and metabolism. There is no right way of eating in this diet. Everyone eats as per their body type and preferences. While some eat a low carb diet, others opt for high carb one with loads of plants.
What types of foods are included in the Paleo diet?
It is often confusing as to what all to eat in the Paleo diet. There are a lot of fish, meats, poultry, vegetables, fruits, eggs, healthy fats from avocado, coconut, etc. that can be had in this diet. The options are innumerable, and your plate will always be filled with something interesting to eat. So, what all to eat? Let’s check it below:
• Meats: Beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, and others.
• Fish and Seafood: Salmon, trout, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, etc. Choose wild-caught if you can.
• Eggs: Choose free-range, pastured, or Omega-3 enriched eggs.
• Vegetables: Broccoli, kale, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
• Fruits: Apples, bananas, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries, and more.
• Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and more.
• Healthy Fats and Oils: Lard, tallow, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil
• Salt and Spices: Sea salt, Himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, etc.
What to avoid in Paleo Diet?
Soy, refined sugar, alcohol, grains, pasteurized dairy, etc. are some of the items that you need to avoid when following the Paleo diet. Also, you don’t need to keep a record of the macronutrients or calories on this diet. But if you want to lose weight, then it is recommended that you cut on carbs and restrict your consumption of potatoes and nuts.
So, now as you are aware of what all to eat and what to avoid, you can prepare your meal diet properly and follow the diet without any hassle.
More than a diet
Apart from providing a fit body, there are a lot of health benefits as well that can be enjoyed with the Paleo diet. For many people, the very fact that this diet offers the best results is what all they need. Enhanced blood lipids, less pain from autoimmunity, and weight loss are the proof. A lot of people are not satisfied with following the recommendations like a strict diet or exercise schedule.
So, in all, it can be said that the Paleo diet is not just any diet that helps in keeping fit; it is a healthy lifestyle to adopt.