The paper could be called the ultimate craft material. There are so many types of paper, from tissue paper to shiny magazine pictures, and from basic construction paper to newsprint. Here are some ideas for some crafts using this fun medium.
1. Paper Lantern
Like many paper crafts, you can use a variety of paper types for this craft. Leftover wrapping paper is particularly attractive, but you can use catalogues, magazines, or construction paper. If you have an old phone book, you could even use pages from that! All you need is the paper, scissors, and glue. Here's how.
* Fold a rectangular piece of paper in half lengthwise.
* Cut slits along the fold, 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart, stopping about an inch from the top edge.
* Unfold the paper, and then turn it sideways.
* Curve the cut paper around and attach the short ends of the rectangle using the glue (clear tape or staples would also work).
* To make a handle, simply take a strip of paper and glue each end across the top, leaving a curve over the top. If you like, make lots of lanterns and string them on a cord or yarn using this handle.
2. Paper Bags
If you take your lunch to school or work, you know how many of these handy little bags you go through. Why not recycle a few with some crafts? Here are some ideas.
* Gift Bag – Decorate a brown bag with a stencil, stamp, or free-hand painting and create a custom gift bag, perfect for a jar candle or other similarly-shaped gift.
* Puppets – Fold a paper bag so that its bottom is flush with the side (the way it usually is in the package). On the flap, which is the underside of the bag when it's unfolded, make a face using cut-outs from construction paper, feathers, buttons, markers, googly eyes and so forth. Bird faces work well because the beak overlaps and covers the flap like an upper “lip.” Put your hand in a have fun!
* Luminaries – Using a hole-punch, cut designs in the sides of a folded paper bag. Open it up, and then fill the bottom with an inch or so of sand. In the middle of the sand, well away from the sides of the bag, insert a votive candle or tea light. Use these only outdoors on concrete or asphalt, away from any grass, leaves, or other foliage and objects.
Search online or at your local library for a template of a paper house. It will have tabs along the edges of the template that you will use to attach the “walls.” Print it out or photocopy it, using the paper type and colour of your choice. Then colour the parts if you like. The template can then be cut out and assembled by folding along the lines and glueing the tabs together.
Top 3 Financial Frauds You Can Get Caught Up With
4 Fun Activities to Teach Kids the Value of Money
From Establishment To Success: 6 Tips For Small Businesses
Toss the Scale: 5 Other Ways to Track Fitness Progress
Will World Travel Change Your Wedding?
Heal N Soothe Is A Natural And Effective Way Of Treating Pain And Inflammation
Beware of How You’re Programming Your Mind
4WheelParts-4 Creative Ways to Make Your SUV More Fun to Drive This Summer
Your Guide To The Best Writing Tips
4 Ways a Smartphone Helps the Gig Economy
7 Reasons Why Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine
4 Ways Exercise Can Help Develop Your Positive Thinking
Dieting Tips and Tricks to Help You Lose Weight and Keep it Off
5 Ways Businesses Can Prepare for Severe Weather
8 Simple Steps To Long Lasting Happiness And Fulfillment
Eating What You Want To Lose More Weight
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....
Family Quotes: +50 Quotes That Will Strengthen Your Bond With Your Family
The Love of a Family is Life's Greatest Blessing. Every single day we meet new people, build relationships, and get...
Why Red Tea is Better Than Green Tea
Green tea has long been acknowledged for its health and wellness benefits, including weight loss assistance. The evidence is...