Gone by the days when you had to do everything when moving out. Now, you can hire the right people to do the job for you. You can hire cleaners to clean all the mess you left in your old home, an electrician/plumber to fix any electrical or plumbing issue, and a mover so that moving of your belongings is done safely.
There are actually a lot of movers in Tennessee to hire, hence choosing the best one may not be the easiest to accomplish. If you are in the middle of deciding who among them is best to hire, you can start by asking each of the companies you think is reliable, questions that can help you determine who among them can deliver according to your expectations.
Relevant Questions To Ask A Moving Company
If you are clueless on where to start, here are a few questions to ask a moving company:
Can you service my location?
This is one of the first questions to ask a moving company. Moving companies have limitations in terms of areas they cover, hence it is best if you ask if they are capable of servicing your old location and the new one as well.
You would not want to deal with a mover that is not allowed or permitted to provide service in your area. If this you consider, you might end up with huge troubles as it is not only their truck and driver at stake but also the items they are moving with them.
Be clear with this information if you do not want hassle while your items are being transmitted.
What other services you offer?
You would also want to know other services, apart from moving, they offer. Do they offer cleaning services, storage rooms, etc? Sure, you would like to choose a company that can assist you a lot in moving out and in.
The more services they offer, the better and more convenient it is for you. There are just a lot of things you need to arrange when moving out, and extra help from a company that covers a few of these tasks would be a great help.
How much is your rate?
This is another important question you must not miss to ask. There are actually a few factors that dictate the price of their service, and some of them are:
- Distance: The distance from the origin to where it will be sent is a determining factor of their rates
- Sizes and number of items to be moved: The sizes and the number of items to be moved are factors to determine the service price as these determine the size of the truck to use, the number of people to be sent, and the effort they need to exert to accomplish the transit.
- The time and date of the move: Expect that holiday rates are more expensive compared to when the job is done on regular business days.
- The value of the items: The value of the item can also be a factor especially if the company offers insurance.
- The company itself: Yes, there are companies that charge more expensively than others.
What kind of insurance is included in your service?
You have to make sure about the insurance most especially if the items you want them to be moved are valuable and expensive. Make sure that they are liable in the event that something is broken from your belongings. Ask the inclusion of the insurance included on their service same as with the reasons of disqualifications etc.