Although crime has been around since the dawn of man, there’s no reason why you have to make yourself an easy target for the next criminal. Thieves WILL target craft fairs in anticipation of naïve people who are unusually trustworthy.
How can you protect yourself, your money, and your inventory? Consider these easy tips.
• Keep your money on your person. Don’t have a money box, or bag you “hide” in your booth.
• Be especially alert at set-up and break-down when there is a lot of commotion.
• Jewelers with gold and precious stones: You should have at least one or more additional people with you at shows. If you feel you are being cased during a show, alert the staff.
• Trust your instincts.
• Consider using dummy bags to carry your merchandise or money in.
• Don’t register in your hotel under your show name.
• Don’t take a first floor hotel room, or a room near the elevator or stairs.
• Fill up with gas the last morning of the show so that when you leave, you will go far before having to stop.
• Keep a disposal camera in your booth, and take a picture of someone you think is casing your booth. Bad guys don’t want to be seen and remembered.
• During daily set-up and take-down, always keep your merchandise on your person or securely locked to an immovable object.
• Don’t give anyone an opportunity to take what is rightfully yours.
• Accept Credit Cards, thereby reducing carrying a lot of cash.
• Be careful about hiring non-show people who happen to be around at set-up and offer to help you for a
• We always recommend removing your work from your booth at night even though most shows provide overnight security.
• Don’t leave tempting items in your booth overnight: cameras, radios, briefcases, etc.
• Lock your vehicle! Remember to lock the back and side doors of your parked trucks and vans.
Once the craft fair ends, what do you do next? Actually, the answer is – A LOT! Read on in the rest of the parts:
We hope you enjoy this full craft fair guide to sell your crafts at craft fairs, this is the Part Twelve, find the full parts here:
How to Manage and Avoid Complications of Gestational Diabetes
Best Portable DVD Player for Traveling
The Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself In New York
The Revenge of the Road Trip – Avoiding the Financial Aftermath of a Holiday
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
Let Us Discuss Some Intelligent Ways To Help Handle Your Debts!
5 Amazing Aussie Trails for an Unforgettable Journey
The Best Ways to Travel to Daejeon from Seoul
How to Spend Less Money and Save More Every Day
Tips to Keep Acid Reflux Away
The Power of Imagining Yourself Achieving Your Goals
Five Things you can do to Stay Calm and Happy
Mastering The Art Of Goal Setting and Establishing Self Discipline
Send Your Love Through Beautiful Gifts
Check Your Confidence Levels
5 Signs Your Loved One Is Addicted to Prescription Pills
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
It’s normal to get caught up in the frenzy of day-to-day life and forget all the dreams and hopes...
5 Ways You Might Be Sabotaging Yourself From Being Truly Happy
What if I told you that there is only one person in this world who can hold you back...
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....