A lot of users are highly dependent upon mobile devices nowadays because the usage of mobile devices has added the flexibility and convenience element very well in the whole process. Now the users can perform each of the tasks on the mobile devices very easily. Ultimately it has improved the overall experience of the users which has provided the business with several opportunities so that they can make highly informed decisions and can improve their existing services.
But the unfortunate reality of this virtual world is that in case this information can go to the wrong hands then it can be very easily miss used by the person involved in it and can cause a great number of issues for the owners. So, here comes the importance of mobile app security so that personal, as well as financial information of the users, can be kept safe and overall goals can be effectively achieved.
Following are some of the application security risks which have been bifurcated into iOS and android:
– Android risks have been mentioned as follows:
-The concept of reverse engineering: Most of the applications are integrated with the help of Java and these kinds of applications can be reversed very easily with the help of various tools that are available on the web and Internet that too free of cost. So, these kinds of applications can be very easily reversed, changed, and can be assembled again in the form of a specific format called APK. These kinds of applications can provide login credentials very easily and these kinds of details can be miss-used very easily by the hackers.
– Insecure usage of the platform: Several kinds of applications are vulnerable to various kinds of risks which are normally there because the app developers sometimes ignore the best of the practices which have been published by Google and several other companies. A lot of applications get installed in mobiles without any kind of permissions which are the main reason such applications stand at great risk. The hackers can send viruses through these applications to mobile devices and can hack the device is very easily which helps in creating a security-based lacuna.
– Ignoring all the updates: A lot of android users also do not pay proper attention to the updates which have been issued by the android. Ultimately this results in a lot of lack of safety and protection against the vulnerabilities which are latest and newly found. These kinds of updates can cover the security patches and can also ignore the applications in terms of the latest risks associated with security.
– Rooted devices: A lot of android operating systems also allow the users to root the devices very easily with the help of third-party applications and the worst part is none of the warnings is issued at this time. So, manipulation from the end of hackers becomes very easy to introduce the malware into the whole concept and can cause a great amount of loss of personal as well as financial information.
– iOS related risks have been mentioned as follows:
– The insecure storage of data: Most of the applications store the data in the form of binary data and as the common text. These kinds of storage locations can be very easily accessed by hackers when the operating system becomes vulnerable to the risks. On the other hand jailbreaking devices also pose a great amount of risk to the exposure of data and when the hackers get access to such kind of database the modifications to the applications can be done very easily and they can collect all the information on the machines without any kind of extraordinary effort.
– The user authentication: Several kinds of iOS devices are based upon touch ID and face ID and claim that they are highly secure. But actually, the practices by some of the hackers have proven that touch ID can also be very easily compromised very easily and the whole data can be accessed by them which can lead to personal as well as the financial loss for the users. When any of the Applications are based upon touch ID to enhance the safety of the data also sometimes exposed to several kinds of vulnerabilities.
– Jailbreak concept: The concept of jailbreak is considered to be a very popular term that is used in proper regard to the Apple devices. In this, unauthorized users are allowed to run the unsigned codes on mobile devices and they can exploit the whole system very easily. Whenever any of the users will reboot the phone it should be corrected with the laptop or a jailbroken code. The worst part of this is that the code will always remain on the phone even after the phone has been rebooted.
Several kinds of common application risks are also very much prevalent in the whole world of mobile application security. The most commonly found is the lack of encryption. Encryption is considered to be a very effective method to transport the codes is not visible otherwise but only with the secret key. So, in case this concept is not utilized in the mobile will become highly sensitive and will send the data to unauthorized users very easily. Another important method utilized by people is the malicious code injection which does not restrict the characters into the input field and allows the hackers to inject the virus and malware into the mobile devices so that they can gain proper access to the private information of the users.
Hence, to avoid these kinds of issues all the application developers should go with the option of undertaking the best practices which have been published by Google so that unauthorized access can be prevented and the overall security of the mobile applications and the data can be enhanced. At the end of users, some of the practices have to be incorporated so that overall things can be in their favor. Hence, all the application risks associated with both android and iOS applications have been explained. So, the app developers should go with the option of the creation of only those applications which are highly safe and secure so that overall goals are efficiently achieved.