Diabetes is a widespread problem amongst many, and you must keep everything in control to ensure no serious problems occur. One of the most common complications could be foot problems, and poor foot health means an increasing severity of the disease. Thus, protecting your feet is very important during this time.
Diabetes could lead to many foot problems like bunions, corns, ulcers, blisters, and if there is a high blood sugar level, the injuries will take longer to heal. Thus, a helpful way to keep your foot healthy is by taking timely examinations of the foot, wearing specialized footwear, and exercising.
You can also take help from experts who specialize in this footcare. If you are looking for diabetic foot care in Las Vegas, you should meet the podiatrist atBattleBorn Bone & Joint Centre. Let us first understand what diabetic foot care is all about.
A diabetic patient will always have to face problems like nerve damage and low blood circulation. Diabetes may lead to slow healing of injuries and may even cause infection. Thus, a method like comprehensive diabetic foot care may help a patient by regularly examining his foot. They may then develop an outlined treatment plan, which keeps your feet healthy and your diabetes under control.
Simple tips to avoid any foot problem:
- Keep a check on your foot for any kind of wound, scars, or sores
- Avoiding anything that might burn your skin of the foot as a minor injury or scratch can lead to a significant infection
- Use skin-friendly socks and footwear. Wear socks that are padded and made from cotton to avoid moisture
- It is best to wear shoes or slippers even in the house. In this way, you will protect your feet from any kind of risks like minor cuts or scratches
- Make sure you keep your feet dry. Remember, the spaces between the toes are always moist and may lead to infection.
- Moisturize your skin well to prevent dry or cracked skin
- Make sure that you see a podiatrist regularly to get a foot examination done.
- Wear shoes that are perfect for your feet. You can make use of that orthotic footwear which can protect and give comfort to your skin.
Proper exercise, a healthy diet, and a good lifestyle can ensure that you get no such foot problem. And yes, not to forget a routine check-up with your podiatrist is also essential.