A woman needs to take care of her health, especially during and after adolescence. Good gynecological and obstetric health not only ensures you a good and productive life but also positively impacts your sense of self-worth. You must equip yourself with proper primary health and gynecological care and advice throughout the stages involved between adolescence and menopause.
For great female health care from adolescence to menopause, OBGYN in Trinity, Florida, is the place for you.
Here are various reasons why you should see an OB/GYN.
1. Endometrial Ablation
Endometrial ablation is a non-surgical treatment option for women with heavy periods (menorrhagia) due to benign causes. It involves the removal of the lining of the uterus by either destroying or heating it. The procedure is most commonly performed in a hospital setting under general anesthesia, although newer techniques are being used with minimal systems under local anesthesia.
These minimally invasive techniques still require complete anesthesia but have been shown to reduce pain and recovery time after surgery for many women. Sometimes endometrial ablation is done concomitantly with a surgical procedure called a myomectomy. Through it, fibroids are removed from the uterine wall during ablation.
2. High-Risk Obstetrics Care
Women in high-risk obstetrics care have high mortality. Women’s health is a field that needs more attention and care to diagnose and prevent complications. The mortality of these women can be as high as 34%. Obstetricians are at the forefront in caring for pregnant women.
In general, they provide routine antenatal care, prescribe drugs as needed, monitor for pre-eclampsia, perform urgent surgery as required, and carry out major surgery before the delivery where indicated. There is also obstetrics care for women with heart disease. Heart disease is a common disorder that affects approximately one-quarter of women in the United States.
It can hugely affect a woman’s health and well-being, including increasing the risk of pregnancy complications such as hypertension, preterm birth, intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR), peripartum cardiomyopathy, or congestive heart failure, as well as potentially causing cardiac problems during surgery. Appropriate management before and during pregnancy for those with heart disease can significantly improve both mother and infant outcomes.
3. In-Office Hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy is a procedure (endoscopic) used to visualize the interior of the uterus. It often uses liquid to distend, or fill, the uterine cavity so the surgeon can see it better. Combined with tiny surgical instruments inserted through openings in the hysteroscope, it allows for cutting, removing, or shaping tissues inside the uterus.
Hysteroscopies are usually performed by obstetricians for a reason, such as the removal of uterine fibroids. When a woman has heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia), an evaluation typically includes taking a medical history, physical examination, and sometimes blood tests and sonograms. Less commonly, endometrial sampling may be performed.
Heavy periods are usually defined as so much uterine bleeding that interferes with a person’s normal daily activities. There is also an extensive area of reproductive medicine called female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery.
Obstetricians are at the forefront in caring for these women because they provide routine antenatal care, prescribe drugs as needed, monitor for pre-eclampsia, perform urgent surgery as required, and carry out major surgery before the delivery where indicated. They offer a wide range of services such as endometrial ablation, high-risk obstetrics care, and in-office hysteroscopy.
A variety of services are available, some of which includes:
- MonaLisa touch, which aids in the restoration of your vaginal health, eliminating urinary inconsistency, virginal itchiness or dryness, and pain during intercourse. This procedure ensures good vaginal health as you naturally age, thereby improving your life’s quality. It is also applicable after breastfeeding and childbirth, as well as bumpy menopause symptoms.
- Contraception, which entails careful birth control methods considerations. Here, you get educated about family planning and contraceptives as well as the provision of individualized approaches,
- Obstetrics deals with the emotional and physical journey during pregnancy. The experience differs for every woman and child. You are encouraged to make the best choice that suits your needs during this journey. Furthermore, you are offered prenatal and postpartum care and checkups, support through labor and childbirth, and medical interventions, if any.
- Vaginal revitalization entails dryness of your vaginal tissues treatment. This condition can significantly diminish your life quality as well as sexual functions. Luckily, the treatment is non-invasive.
- High-risk obstetrics, where the high risks and complications during pregnancy, labor, and delivery are managed, allowing you room for rest.
- Endometrial ablation entails treating bleeding heavily during your periods or prolonged periods and may result in blood loss. The treatment is designed to reduce or stop your flow completely by removing your uterine wall, the endometrium.
- Hysterectomy, a procedure designed to stop vaginal bleeding, relieve pelvic pain as well as other symptoms that may be uncomfortable. Also, the procedure has successfully treated other gynecological diseases as well as cancer. This procedure can be partial or total, and it entails the removal of your reproductive organs. Only your uterus is removed; however, in a total hysterectomy, additional organs like the ovaries, cervix, and fallopian tube are removed.
- Body contouring, which involves the removal of stubborn cellulite, loose skin, or fat areas. Some of the common areas of body contouring include your arms, thighs, love handles, buttocks, hips, and belly. Some pressure and warmth are likely to be expected during the treatment. One of the advantages of the procedure used for body contouring is that you don’t need time to rest and heal up; you can resume your normal activities right after the procedure.
Talk To Us
It is essential to take proper measures for a good, healthy, and productive life whose quality is improved. Every woman wants to enjoy a wonderful sexual life that is free of complications and pain. At the facility, women are for women.