The Metroid franchise game has been one of the biggest passions for a lot of gamers all over the world during the last 20 years. Since the very first version of the game appeared on the market, it received special attention and love. Very often, Metroid is the only franchise owned by true gamers. As every game in the series is quite interesting and has its own features, which differ a lot from any previous version.
Two years ago a new release of the game appeared again – AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake), which was a huge event and a breath of fresh air to the game. So, we have decided that it shouldn’t be ignored by us too. Today, we’re going to look at AM2R latest download, pointing out new, old, and interesting moments in this version. So, if you’re interested too, keep reading.
Another Metroid 2 Remake Review
Before going into the actual reviewing and description, we recommend you getting AM2R download file to study the game with us by playing it simultaneously. Don’t worry, there shouldn’t be any problems with getting AM2R free download file on the Internet. So, pick the game right away and start discovering it through the article.
We’re going to make a deep analysis of the main features the new version of Another Metroid 2 Remake has and the old features, which were improved or removed from the game at all.
Quick Thoughts of AM2R
Generally speaking, AM2R is not actually a 100% playable in terms of the game requirements in 2018. It seems to be a little bit clunky, but there is a map contrary to other versions, which is a huge addition to such kind of a game. AM2R is quite awkward in terms of controllers. And it is a zero mission game. Still, it has a few very significant differences compared to all previous versions. For example:
- When the character is running in the game, coming against a small ledge, he/she can tap the jump button to climb it immediately;
- For a lot of functions, you don’t need to tap the button twice anymore. One-click is enough;
- The enlarged number of control options you can change whenever you want throughout the game. Turn off and turn on any function you want. Or get both options at the same time;
- When it comes to Metroids themselves, they are completely redone in this Metroid version. Now, they are more engaging and challenging. And they are more difficult to fight with as they can be hit only in a certain part of the body. So, actually, AM2R is more complicated in terms of main characters and their features, which makes the game definitely more interesting. Now, the Metroids can jump and even breathe fire;
- And as we have already mentioned above, there is a map, which is a great plus for any Metroid zero mission game. Now, you have some diversity and new area design with a working map. Each area in AM2R has some unique things about it – water pipes, bombs, etc.
These very small but effective features make the game a lot more playable. And that is a huge advantage for the old-fashioned game from 90-s, which is still existing on the market among other progressive releases of the 21st century.
So, if you doubt whether AM2R is worth your time or not, just download the game and try playing it at least a couple of minutes. This will be quite enough to make your own opinion about this very old but still fantastic and popular franchise.