It goes without saying that a good drainage system surrounding all properties whether it is business premises or home property, makes sound financial sense as well as good environmental sense as well. Water can be very damaging to the structures of any building and so it needs to be properly drained away so that it doesn’t cause foundations to sink and other issues to occur. Every homeowner or business owner needs to have confidence in the drainage system so that every time they flush a toilet or take a shower, they know that the water will be drained away properly and that they will not be experiencing any bad smells or costly repairs that standing water can cause.
If you are currently experiencing water retention in any area of your land then it makes sense to install an ag pipe. If you are a little bit in the dark as to what this is exactly, then it is an agricultural line that is flexible and is a corrugated drainage pipe. It is popularly used by many landscapers, plumbers, and building contractors to divert water away from a number of different situations. Many homes and business properties sometimes experience water retention behind walls, beneath houses and business properties, under the lawn, and many other areas as well. It always makes sense to pay attention to any signs that you may have a drainage problem because it can make a significant difference to your drainage in the following ways.
- It prevents clogs – You should be actively trying to prevent clogs at all times and so doing simple things like placing drain covers over the many plug holes better distributed throughout your building is one way to catch all of that hair and other gunk making its way down into your drains and creating blockages. It is a very hassle free procedure to install simple things like stainless steel drain covers that are easy to remove and clean as well. Forget about the plastic ones as they move easily with the movement of water.
- It prevents bad smells – Stagnant water is a big problem when drainage is not working as it should and that can be really nasty smells coming from it but also breeding grounds for insects like mosquitoes. If you have any bad smells coming from your drains then it’s likely that many different items are starting to decay in your pipes and this is a reflection that you’re not doing regular upkeep. You need to start thinking a little bit more about what it is that you put down your sink and if you continue to pour cooking oil down there then you’re going to run into problems sooner than you think.
- It adds value to any property – Ensuring that the right drainage is in place on any property will instantly add value to the property and you should be able to recoup any money that you have spent when you eventually sell the land or house. It provides further protection for the building and any prospective buyer will receive the assurances that they need that water will easily and readily drain away from the area.
- It protects your health – In Australia especially, standing water attracts mosquitoes and they bring with them many diseases. Standing water also has the potential to breed various bacteria, fungus, and many other health hazards. If you notice that family or workers are having problems breathing, have a sore throat or have watery eyes, then there is a high probability that your bad drainage is causing major health problems. If you care about the health of the people around you, then you will take steps to address this issue.
- It saves you money – It always makes sense to address a smaller drainage issue now before it becomes a much larger problem later. By installing an ag pipe, you are putting something in place that is going to save you a lot of money further down the road. The cost of repairs will rise every year and it is an investment in the future of your land and building.
It’s all about taking simple actions to prevent both water retention and flooding in and around your home or business property. Installing such things as an ag pipe goes a long way towards addressing the problems that you are currently experiencing with bad drainage and it will protect you long into the future. Whenever possible try to get your drains cleaned on a regular basis which is about once every year and if you need to do it, pour some drain cleaner down inside there to address the problem over the short term. There is no substitute however for getting the problem fixed properly by a competent service provider who knows exactly what they are doing.