Most Americans are not comfortable about lawyering up even after a car accident. There are many.
In which case, if they don’t know anything about the law, there’s a good chance they won’t get the compensation they deserve. They might even end up with a lifetime of medical-related costs.
But here’s why you should contact a car injury lawyer Mission Viejo CA right away.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, car crash victims in the United States spend about one million days in the hospital every year. 2012 records about $18 billion in lifetime medical costs due to a car crash.
More than a third of the cost incurred during the first year and a half following the road incident. Meanwhile, the number of losses as people could no longer work following the car crash reached $33 billion.
Statistics on Car Crashes You Should Know About
Meanwhile, the World Health Organization has compiled a list of statistics regarding car crashes:
- More than 1 million people die from car crashes annually. That’s more than 3,200 every day
- Between 20 and 50 million sustain injury or permanent disability
- Car crashes are in the top 10 of the most common causes of deaths
- More than half of the fatalities are between ages 15 and 44 years old
- Almost 400,000 victims under 25 years of age die from road crashes
In the US
- More than 37,000 car crash victims die annually
- More than 2.3 million sustained injuries or permanent disability
- More than 1,600 kids under 15 years die
- The number of casualties of drivers between the ages of 16 and 20 reaches 8,000 per year
- The average cost of road car crash injury amounts to $820 per victim
Why You Should Call a Lawyer Immediately
A car injury lawyer in Mission Viejo, CA, will be of good help to protect your rights. Contrary to what most people think, car injury litigations are not prosecutorial.
In most cases, the problem will get settled out of court.
What the car injury lawyer is concerned about is giving you your just due.
And you see, it’s not the other driver involved in the road crash you should worry about. It’s the battery of lawyers and adjusters that an insurance company will surely send your way.
Their main goal, of course, is to save as much money for their company as they can. They would be very happy to walk away without paying you a single dollar. They can overwhelm you with a lot of technical jargon, as well as the terms and conditions of your contract that you probably didn’t read.
So facing them without a lawyer by your side is not a good idea.
For example, what will you do if the insurance company refuses to cover the medical cost because the victim is at fault? And what happens if the police agree with the insurance company?
If you are in Mission Viejo, CA, contact the RMJ law firm right away. They specialize in personal injury cases, including those sustained during car crashes.