Carpet is expensive and keeping your carpets clean in the long term can make a big difference by helping you to maintain a good ambiance and enhance the atmosphere to your home. This is an ongoing process and the key to maintaining a carpet required regular cleaning. Moreover, professional carpet cleaning and vacuuming every once in a while is also an important part of maintaining a clean carpet. Apart from this, there are certain common steps which you can follow for the ongoing cleaning process that will help you to maintain your carpet in the long run:
Below Mention The How To Maintain The Originality Of The Carpet
- Ditch the shoes – It is better if you make it a family habit of removing your shoes outside while entering your home. Wearing shoes and walking across the carpet increases the amount of dirt which gets embedded in the fabric of the carpet and makes dark spots. Moreover, the tread of the shoes is harder than slippers which affect the fabric of the carpet. Side by side of making the habits of removing shoes outside encourages your visitors to the same as it will help to maintain a clean ambiance and enhanced atmosphere in your home.
- Add carpet protection – Try to add a rug in the high traffic area of the carpet to keep your carpet clean. The rug will still need regular maintenance but cleaning a rug is a lot easier than cleaning a carpet. Moreover, you can also add chair mats to protect your carpets from chair legs, desk chairs, and wheels.
- Sprinkle baking soda before regular vacuuming – Sprinkling baking soda helps in absorbing odors which will help you in cleaning and also smells fresh. Moreover, vacuuming regularly helps you to keep your carpet cleaner for longer. Regular vacuuming with baking soda is one of the most effective methods for keeping your carpet clean as it not only removes the surface dirt but also makes the cleaning process effective by leaving behind a fresh smell and a clean look.
- Replace bags and filters regularly – Besides cleaning and vacuuming the carpet regularly proper attention needs to be given to the bags and the filter of the vacuum for effective cleaning. Make sure to regularly change the bags and the filters otherwise your vacuum could lose suction and fail to effectively pick up the dirt.
- Professional cleaning – You should clean your carpet by a professional carpet cleaner at least twice a year. Professional carpet cleaner uses a deep cleaning method technology that not only cleans your carpet properly but also helps you to deal with the strong stains and dark spots that needs proper attention. Moreover, the technology and mechanism used by the professionals are very effective for carpet cleaning.
- Deal with stains straight away – Mop up the stains immediately before it dried up as the harder it’ll get the more difficult it will be in getting rid of the stains. When you are dealing with an immediate stain removal procedure always try to blot the stain instead of rubbing the substance. In cases of solid dirt like mud or food gently scrape it off with a dull knife. Taking immediate steps is the best way to get rid of stains before they become permanent.
- Keep an emergency kit on hand – Always keep emergency aid for dealing with immediate stain removal by remembering some of the techniques like club soda is good for cleaning wine and beer, ice cubes for chewing gums, hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains.