If you are planning to visit a hill station in northern India with your family this vacation, then Mussoorie is definitely on top of the list. Be it adventure sports, sightseeing or culture, you can get to indulge in several things here.
Top Things To Indulge During The Trip
- Visit Lal Tibba: Walking from Char Dukan is the most appropriate way to check out Lal Tibba. It is an amazing route that allows you to enjoy the scenic hill views. It is a short walk for about 1km. You may relax for an hour, taste the local street food at the stalls set up here close to the hill. It is located at Landour Road and the best time to visit is between sunrise and sunset.
- Benog Wildlife Sanctuary: This sanctuary is worth visiting, even though it is at a distance from Mussoorie. It is a fantastic place for your whole family and children, where you can find wild animals, exotic birds, and trees. A trekking trail is also present at Benog, which even amateurs can participate in. You get to view the stunning scenes of the Bandar Punch and Chaukhamba snow-clad mountains. It is located at Rajaji National Park and best visited between 7 am & 5 pm.
- Fishing on the boat: Freshwater of Mussoorie does offer plenty of opportunities to those eager to go out fishing for trouts. But you will require forest official permission to carry out your fishing activities. Few camps here have incorporated fishing into their package. Fishing is conducted in the Yamuna and Aglar Rivers. Best visited between 7 am & 5 pm.
- Trekking at Hathipaon: This is the perfect activity to indulge in if you prefer walking or trekking through nature trails. The walk allows you to check out the different types of flora & fauna here. You also get to view the exotic birds here while walking form Happy Valley. There are present several camping sites at Hathipaon to allow you to rest for some time before heading back. Location is Happy Valley and there is some charge on trekking. The best time is between sunrise and sunset.
- Paragliding: This is the best adventure sport to avail of to explore the surrounding hills and its heights. You can come across this sport just about everywhere here offered by the experienced and certified trainers. You are provided with state of the art safety equipment. Amateurs and experienced paragliding enthusiasts can participate. The location is Jharipani and Mussoorie Lake. Check out the cost offered and the best time is around 10 am to 6 pm.
- Ropeway: You need to experience the ropeway that takes you to Gun Hill located uphill, considered to be Mussoorie’s second-highest. The 400m journey allows you to get amazing views of the beautiful landscape. You can find plenty of greenery around that makes the place quite magical. The time to visit is 10 am – 6 pm.
- Sky Riding: If you want to indulge in adventure sports, then Mussoorie is undoubtedly the best hill station to be in Northern Indian. The hills do offer tourists with the perfect platform to enjoy rock climbing, parasailing, and ski riding. Between two mountains, you also get to enjoy the zipline from where you get to view the mesmerizing green forests around. Location is Cloud End Estate, Mussoorie Adventure Park. There is a cost involved and the best time to visit is 10 am – 6 pm.
- White Water Rafting: The Rivers here are fast-moving rapids and an excellent place for rafting, which are conducted by highly professional, experienced and certified instructors who offer unique river rafting experience but with safety gadgets and worry-free environment. Uttarakhand Tourism Board is regarded to be among the finest and best rafting operators here. Rafting is done on the Yamuna & Aglar Rivers. The best time is between 9 am & 5 pm.
- Hilltown Bar: If you are eager to have a drink, then Hilltown Bar offers the very best drinking spot. There are several upscale bars here, including the Nostradamus – Rooftown Bar and the Tavern. Here, you get to choose from International and Indian brands. You can also enjoy a meal (International and Indian cuisines). You can find the bars and restaurants all over the place, which remains open until 11 pm.
- Snack at Mall Road: If you want to indulge in some action or want to gorge in some local delicacies, be it breakfast or snacks, then Mall Road is the place to be. You can find here varieties of food ranging from samosas to momos at reasonable rates. Timing is between 7 am and 10 pm.
- Souvenirs: The local market offers you plenty of opportunities to buy local products and souvenirs. Markets in Kulri, Landour, and Library are excellent places to shop for silver jewelry, souvenirs, handcrafted wooden items, and books. Few shops also can be found here that sell Tibetan products. The best time to go shopping is at 9am – 9om.
- Soham Art and Heritage Centre: If you are interested to know about the history of Mussoorie, its inhabitants and the rich and flora and fauna here, then this art center is the place to be. Here, you can gain knowledge on the Himalayan history and check out the arts put up on display, showcasing Himalayan culture. Sculptures and paintings are exhibited here on a regular basis. Also, is present a small shop within the complex providing artifacts and handmade products? The location is Bala Hisar and the best time to visit is between 10 am & 2 pm and 3 pm & 5 pm.
- Jwala Devi Temple: If you want to offer prayers for good health and prosperity of your family, then this temple located on a small hillock is dedicated to Durga Goddess. Devotees in thousands flock this temple every year to seek her blessing and favors. You can get to view the stunning Yamuna Rivers from the temple. It is located at Landour Road. The best time to visit is between sunrise and sunset.
You do require a proper plan to ensure nothing is missed out during the trip and book the best hotels in Mussoorie suited to your needs and budget.