If you just know more about the right apparel to choose for the gym session then your aching breasts and chafing thighs will be thanking you. You might have heard the frame “dress for success.” It is not just about the office. Even what you are planning to wear at the gym will improve your performance by 100%! The sports bra you had for the past 10 years or the cotton t-shirt since middle school might make you feel harder but will apparently wreak havoc on your body with time. So, there are some wardrobe changes to be made right before you hit the gym next time.
There are some items, which you should not even be touching while thinking about exercising. Chalking those points off the list will make selection a lot easier than before. If you are facing some issues with the right selection to be made, log online at tuffwomen.com and get help. This area will help you understand the values and the products that you are not supposed to be wearing. If you ever come across any of the clothes from this list that you have been wearing to the gym, then get it changed right away.
The mark of 100% cotton clothes:
Research might have shown you before that cotton clothes will stink less than the synthetic ones, but what you probably don’t know is that cotton has the power to absorb literally even the last drop of your sweat, which might make you feel like you are wearing nothing but a wet towel around your body. It is what some of the most promising and certified trainers will tell you through their experiences.
- Now, it is a true fact that the moister your clothing is, the chances are high for the bacteria to grow more. Mainly, this will happen if you are wearing clothes for a longer time.
- In case, any of the open area or skin is exposed to the bacteria-filled working gears, it can straight away lead to fungal infection right at the site. So, it is always important to check out for the sweat-wicking fabrics in place of cotton, which are solely made for the exercising routines.
Dealing with the worn out sneakers:
You are spending quite some money on so many items, so you can probably do some for changing the sneakers and getting a new one in its place. There is always a general thumb rule that you should wear sneakers for around 300 miles before you get to replace it. However, if you are not efficient enough to track your miles, then you are in big trouble. It can easily prove to be rather tough to figure out how many miles you have actually covered and how many of labors you had the shoes bear for you.
- You will realize that your sneakers are way too old when the designs on the bottom or the threads start to wear out.
- Moreover, if the bottoms are flattering in some of the areas and you might not get to see the design of tread, or if there are holes by the toes area or any other obvious sign of complete disrepair, then you might want to get a new one in its place.
- Now, you must be wondering the issues with old and worn out shoes. They are not able to provide the right kind of cushioning like before and shock absorption. Moreover, as the bottom starts to get worn down a bit, it can eventually throw off the alignment of feet. As a result, it will start hitting your hips and knees in the worst possible manner.
Stretched out sports bras or the regular ones are not to be worn:
Just for the sake of your breasts, avoid wearing regular bras to the gym. That is no less than a sin, which you might have been committing for years now. Some of the saggy old sports based bras with the current stretched out elastic will prove to be no less than a bad idea and you should avoid that wholeheartedly. In case, you are not wearing sufficient supportive bra to the working session, the bounce is not going to be the only issue. In case, you have a moderate to a large chest, the movement can often lead to the upper back and then towards the shoulder, leading to pain after you are done with the workout session. If that wasn’t enough to prove the point, then realize that breast tissue will then get stretched and damaged. It will further increase chances for sagging right in near future.
Jewelry does not go with the gym timing:
In case, you are way too nervous to leave your piece of jewelry in the locker room, then try leaving it at home. It is not a clever thing to bring it on the gym floor. Let’s just start the idea with a pair of the necklace. In case, you are wearing a long pendant, then you will start feeling the beating of it against the chest and then smacking you right in the face. There are times when it might get tangled with earbuds or elliptical arms.
- You probably think that rings are fine, but wearing them when you are weightlifting might affect your grip on weights and can pose some serious threats in case the weight slips out of hand.
- Even the pressure of weight against the ring you are wearing can cause some deep indentations and can even break the skin right off. Also remember that a 25-pound weight can dent the metal or even scratch the stone quite easily, creating a loss of your favorite piece of jewelry.
Few more to address:
These are few of the many points to cover and not to keep by your side when you are hitting the gym. The more you address the notions, the better things will start working in your favor. Just get hold of the right points to consider.