With the constant increase in oil prices, car owners get more concerned about how they can save gas and money while driving. This article gives you tips on how you can reduce your gas consumption and save money.
Always have your car tuned-up regularly. If you car’s engine is in bad operating condition it will utilize more gasoline. Vehicle maintenance will help your car’s engine run efficiently thus improving your expenditure of money. Clean or change congested air filters to enhance your fuel mileage by as much as 10%.
• Maintain a steady rate when driving you car. Frequent stops when driving add to your gas expenditure by as much as 30%. Imagine if you spend $3.00 per gallon, you lose $9.00 for every 10 gallons of gas that you consume. Avoid sudden stops and abrupt increases in speed. Make use of “cruise control” when you are driving on the highway. This will allow you to maintain a steady speed and avoid additional gas consumption.
Another way to keep a steady rate is by avoiding heavy traffic areas. Also avoid unnecessary use of the clutch.
• Schedule buying your gas during the cool hours. It is ideal to purchase your fuel early in the morning or during the night. You will acquire extra for your cash during these cooler hours.
• Close you car windows when you are driving on the highway. When your windows are closed the aerodynamics are better and it lessens the drag on the vehicle. Gaping windows cause extra friction and reduce your car’s mileage.
• Minimize the use of air conditioners when it is not necessary. Use your car’s vents if possible. If you really need to use your air conditioner, try to set it as low as possible. Do not operate your air conditioner with your car windows open – it uses more gas this way.
• Do not let your engine idle when not driving. Turn off you car’s engine when you need to wait for a time longer than a minute. If your car is idle for more that one minute, it uses the same amount of gas that you would use when you are restarting the engine.
• Lessen your car’s load. The heavier the car, the more gas it will consume.
• Check if tires inflated accordingly. Tires with appropriate pressure save fuel better than when under-filled or over-filled with air.
Tips on Completing Your Presentation Best
How to Search for a Good Essay Writing Solutions
Tips of Finance Assignment Help Online
How to Manage and Avoid Complications of Gestational Diabetes
Best Portable DVD Player for Traveling
The Best Ways To Enjoy Yourself In New York
The Revenge of the Road Trip – Avoiding the Financial Aftermath of a Holiday
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
How to Spend Less Money and Save More Every Day
Tips to Keep Acid Reflux Away
The Power of Imagining Yourself Achieving Your Goals
Mastering The Art Of Goal Setting and Establishing Self Discipline
Send Your Love Through Beautiful Gifts
Five Things you can do to Stay Calm and Happy
Check Your Confidence Levels
5 Signs Your Loved One Is Addicted to Prescription Pills
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
How To Live Life on Your Own Terms
It’s normal to get caught up in the frenzy of day-to-day life and forget all the dreams and hopes...
5 Ways You Might Be Sabotaging Yourself From Being Truly Happy
What if I told you that there is only one person in this world who can hold you back...
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....