Not matter whether you are moving to California from out-of-state or you are simply moving to another part of California like Sacramento, there is no denying that moving can be an expensive process. This is even more so the case if you don’t have a plan. From hiring a removal company to taking a number of days off work to complete the move, there is a lot to consider. That’s without even mentioning the cost of packing all of your belongings! It is not all doom and gloom, though. Arthur Davis from Atlant Movers – moving company in Sacramento, CA shares five ways you can save money when moving home in California.
- Get rid of all of your clutter – There is only one place to begin, and this is with getting rid of clutter before you move home. You don’t want to take more clutter with you. You want your new home to be spacious and well organized. Plus, by cutting down on clutter, you are not going to have as much to pack. This means you won’t need to spend as much on a moving company. Plus, you could even make money on the items that you are not taking with you by selling them, so it becomes a double-saver.
- Move on a weekday – If you are able to, you should try to move home on a weekday. This is because weekends tend to be more expensive when it comes to removal services, although you may be able to locate a company that does not charge extra. Even still, the roads will be busier, which can lead to further expenses and create more hassle.
- Look for deals online – Nowadays, thanks to the Internet, it is easier than ever before to find great deals and discounts. Take some time to search online. From TV package offers to save money on your utility switch, there are so many ways you can make your move more cost-effective by hunting down bargains.
- Make your money go further on furniture – There are lots of ways to make monetary savings when it comes to furniture. Firstly, ask your loved ones to see if they know anyone selling furniture pieces. You can also source furniture from car boot sales and charity shops in California. Plus, there are so many sites online today for buying furniture, such as auction websites and second-hand websites. Have you ever thought about revamping your current furniture? You could reupholster your current chairs to make them look as good as new.
- Change your address details online before you move – The final piece of the puzzle is to change your address details before you move. It is also worth paying for a postal redirect service for a couple of months as well. This will ensure you do not end up missing any important financial documents, which could result in interest charges.
So there you have it: five different ways that you can save money when moving home in California. Good luck with your move!