Are you planning to set up a nursery? Probably, you have been thinking a lot about what to buy and what not for the first year of your baby. This is very common, most people feel that way when doing things for the first time.
Becoming parents is a huge responsibility that expects you to be on your toes 24/7. Do not be afraid, you will be able to do it like a pro. In this article, you will get a comprehensive list of items that you should be buying. Oh, you will be amazed to see how many options you can have in each item. For instance, nursery chairs in Australia have more than six styles to choose from.
Not wasting any more time, jumping onto the list!
- Crib Or Cot: The foremost important thing in your baby’s bedroom is the bed. You surely want to get one for your little one. For babies, it is a crib or cot so that they do not fall while sleeping. Whether you prefer the crib or simple bassinet, make sure it has the proper size and safety features. You can get several price options in baby cots but be sure to pick the one that suits your budget and nursery decoration. Watch out for quality, material, and sizes before finalizing the one.
- Changing Table: It is something you will be using the most. A changing table is used in two ways: one – storing clothes and diapers, and two – changing your baby’s clothes and diapers. Changing is very essential for a nursery. You need to make sure the size and shape are perfect to fit in your baby’s room. Nowadays, you will get a variety of them with different features. So ensure to make the most suitable choice.
- Storage Space: Storage space is never enough with a baby. Do not forget about those gifts you are receiving from your friends and family. You need space to store them. Ensure to buy nice storage baskets or shelves to keep the additional stuff. You can also look for bookshelves, which can be wall-mounted to save floor space. You will need more floor space to let your baby feel spacious when left on the floor.
- Baby Dresser: For babies, it is not the wardrobe but the dresser. Yes, a dresser is exactly the same but it is slightly smaller in size and has different drawers to arrange clothing and other clothing stuff properly. While choosing a dresser, consider the one with at least three drawers. Also, look for a separate compartment for storing stuff like socks, bibs, and similar items. You can choose a different color dresser to match correctly with the theme of the room.
- Rocking Chairs: You will need a rocking chair to comfort your baby or feed while sitting comfortably. Parents love this chair as it allows them to sit peacefully while their baby is trying to sleep. The rocking motion soothes babies and lets them rest more quickly and better. Mostly, mothers use them for breastfeeding their babies. You cannot go wrong about the furniture, every parent prefers to one for their baby’s room.
- Baby Monitor: One thing you cannot miss is a baby monitor. It is very essential to be with your baby even when they are sleeping. Baby monitors allow parents constantly to hear the audio or watch through visual contact with their child. It is a safety measure to ensure that your baby is safe when you are not around. You must have it in your baby’s nursery.
Here the list ends; you can always add your preferred items to this list. However, it covers all the essential elements of a nursery. Make sure to double-check the quality and safety features for each of these items. We wish you happy parenting!