Turmeric is a herbaceous plant of the ginger family and its native habitat is southwestern India, which needs high temperatures and a large amount of rainfall annually.
Turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidants, antiviral, bacteria, and fungus, and it also has anti-cancer properties.
Because turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties, many specialists recommend using it in cases of:
- It can help treat psoriasis and other skin diseases.
- It is a natural treatment for arthritis and inflammation associated with rheumatoid disease.
- It can reduce inflammation associated with asthma. When you add two tablespoons of turmeric to a warm cup of milk and drink this mixture, it is an effective home remedy for asthma.
- It helps to effectively fight colds and flu as it contains anti-bacterial properties and viruses that cause colds and coughs.
- It stimulates the body’s immune system.
- Helps heal wounds and burns and reshapes damaged skin, it can also be used as an effective natural disinfectant.
- Helps fight several types of cancer:
Turmeric contains Curcumin yellow pigment and has an effect that exceeds cortisone on skin diseases and is more antioxidant and stronger than vitamin E, which can stimulate cells to carry out the process that causes self-destruction of cancer cells. Also, some research has shown that eating a teaspoon of turmeric really helps prevent many types of cancers, but also destroys cancer cells because they contain many powerful antioxidants.
It has also been found to help prevent and prevent prostate cancer, as well as to fight colon cancer, breast cancer, and skin cancer.
It helps to reduce the risk of childhood leukemia.
It has also been found to play a role in enhancing the effects of some types of chemical treatments and also minimizing their side effects.
- Helps the liver and removes toxins from the body:
Turmeric works to increase enzymes, which in turn helps to detoxify. The liver removes toxins from the body through enzymes and has been shown to have an active role in fighting liver diseases and promoting blood circulation.
- Helps to lose weight and burn fat:
From the several benefits of turmeric is that it helps in metabolism and fat burning and helps in weight loss and belly fat, turmeric powder can be very useful in maintaining the ideal weight of the body, where there is in turmeric element helps to stimulate the gallbladder to increase the secretion of yellow juice in the body and which is considered to have the largest role in fat digestion, this, of course, improves digestion and reduces swelling.
- Helps to treat Alzheimer’s disease:
Research has shown that turmeric has a role in slowing the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing the deposits that cause the disease in the brain. Alzheimer’s disease has often been linked to inflammation in the brain. Daily consumption of turmeric may be an effective way to fight Alzheimer’s disease and improve memory.
- Helps control diabetes:
Studies have shown that the antioxidants found in turmeric help to reduce insulin resistance and reduce blood levels, which may play a major role in the resistance of diabetes type II.
It also improves glucose levels in the blood and increases the effect of the drugs used to treat diabetes, but it should be very well aware that its adverse effect may be very dangerous to diabetes when taken with strong drugs, this may lead to low blood sugar, It is recommended to consult a doctor first.
- Reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood:
Simply using turmeric as a spice in food can, in turn, reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood. It is known that increasing cholesterol may cause problems and heart disease. Turmeric helps to maintain proper cholesterol in the body. And can be added turmeric in the form of curry powder for many dishes fried as eggs, juices, and warm milk or may be used to give the color to food, for example, when adding it to rice.
Turmeric can also be taken in the form of pills that can be purchased from pharmacies.
- Benefits of face and skin:
It contains a yellow substance called curcumin, which has properties that help to promote the health and vitality of the skin and strengthen the hair and address the problems and the strongest effects are the treatment of acne and reduce its effects.
Results of a 2009 study published in the journal Phytomedicine showed that curcumin has benefits in combating signs of aging and wrinkles.
- The nutritional value of turmeric:
Turmeric contains many essential nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin C, vitamin E, Vitamin K, and many minerals such as sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Obesity and Weight Loss:
Obesity patients rely on Curcuma oil to get rid of fat because it contributes to the increase of metabolism and works to burn fat and get rid of it completely.
Turmeric drinks eliminate colic, dispose of gases, treat many stomach problems, and expel bacteria and germs.
Turmeric drink to get the best benefits of turmeric for general health
If you are looking for a healthy and easy way to burn fat, you are encouraged to drink a cup of turmeric. Eating one cup of turmeric before eating basic daily meals helps you to feel full quickly, which helps you eat less food and lose a lot of weight.
The first way to make turmeric drink
- 1 tablespoon ground yellow turmeric.
- 1 tbsp “fresh grated ginger”
- 3 cups of water
How to prepare Turmeric Drink:
In a clean and suitable jug for size, but the previous ingredients together until boiling
Remove the pot from the burner immediately after boiling, and wait until the drink cools.
Put the drink in a clean bottle and put it in the refrigerator to be ready when needed. And prefer to drink warm.
The second way to prepare turmeric
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- 2 tbsp ” ground ginger”.
- 1 tbsp of “crushed cloves”.
- 2 tablespoons of cardamom.
How to make a turmeric drink:
In a suitable bowl, put a liter of water and mix turmeric powder, cardamom, cloves, and ginger together
Then add the mixture to the water and put it on the burner.
Leave the mixture until boiling, then remove from the fire and leave the period to cool. Sprinkle the previous mixture and drink at the rate of three cups a day.
Method 3 How to make turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of “fresh ginger”
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 2 cups of water
- Few cloves
- A little nutmeg
- Honey for desalination
- Almond milk
- (You can use coconut milk or plain milk with the note that almond milk is the most delicious in this recipe)
How to prepare Turmeric Drink
Place the herbs and ingredients in a clean, properly sized bowl, and then add water, leave the mixture on low heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes to boil, lift it off the fire and filter the liquid. Add honey and milk to the mixture, and stir well. You can drink it warm, you can have 1 cup of the drink before you start taking daily breakfasts.
Use turmeric to bleach facial skin and remove dark spots
Many women are looking for the best way to whiten their skin and remove pigmentation from daily sun exposure or undernourishment. Many spend a lot of money to buy skin whitening creams or cosmetic treatments that aim to whiten the skin quickly. However, you do not need all that; the secret behind getting a white complexion is very simple.
Do you know that turmeric has many aesthetic benefits that help improve the feel of your skin, and give you a lighter color? Along with its superior properties to reduce the production of melanin, which is responsible for skin pigmentation, also helps to get rid of dark spots to give you a completely pure skin.
Prepare for yourself 3 effective recipes of turmeric and enjoy pure white skin.
1 – Turmeric and lemon mask
Turmeric and lemon juice are effective for whitening facial skin. Using the ingredients to prepare a skin mask gives you double benefits not only for bleaching but also for the anti-aging and treatment of oily skin problems.
Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Dissolve the resulting mixture on facial skin and leave for 20 minutes. After that, rinse the face with lukewarm water with a massage in circular motions. Repeat twice a week before going to sleep and you will get a lighter skin during a short period of time.
2 – Milk and Turmeric Mask
Milk is characterized by effective properties to clean the skin and get rid of dead skin. By mixing the milk with turmeric you get an effective mask to treat acne, remove the effects of scars and skin pigmentation.
Mix a teaspoon of milk with half a teaspoon of turmeric to use the resulting mixture to massage the facial skin. Leave the mixture until it completely dries before rinsing with lukewarm water. If you notice some yellow effects on your skin as a result of using turmeric, use a piece of cotton to rub the face well.
3 – Turmeric mask with oils
Turmeric mixture with natural oils is the best way to treat dry skin problems, itching and cracking. Use coconut oil, almond oil or castor oil to prepare this catcher.
Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder with any oil of your choice. Spread the mixture on the facial skin with a gentle massage for a few minutes. Leave the mixture for half an hour before rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and repeat it 3 times a week.
Use turmeric to get rid of excess hair
You may have tried all the tricks that may prevent the appearance of your excess hair without being able to achieve the result you like. However, you do not have to worry. You can treat this problem away from using traditional methods or those that make you feel pain. What do you think about resort to turmeric, for example? In fact, you should prepare a recipe containing this ingredient and add a little milk, wheat flour, or rose water to get the best results.
Turmeric and whole wheat flour to remove facial hair
If you experience rapid growth of hair over your lips, the circumference of your cheeks and your upper eyebrows, we invite you to address this problem by adopting this recipe:
– Mix equal amounts of turmeric and whole wheat flour.
– Add a little sesame oil until you get a thick paste.
– Put the dough on the hair areas and leave it for 30 minutes before rubbing it gently.
– Repeat this process once a week until you get the result you want.
Turmeric and rose water
Because you want to get rid of excess hair in an easy and inexpensive way, we also recommend that you keep this recipe:
– Mix two tablespoons of turmeric powder with a little rose water to get a smooth paste.
– Apply the dough to your face and leave it dry and then rub it.
To get rid of the yellow color that turmeric may leave on your face, wipe a piece of cotton with milk and rub your skin with it.
Conditions in which turmeric is not taken:
- It is not safe to use turmeric powder in large quantities; it may cause gastrointestinal and gastric ulcers, dryness and constipation.
- Turmeric is prevented by people with gallstones or problems
- It is advisable for pregnant women to consult with a specialist doctor may have turmeric stimulating effect of the uterine contractions and this may be very detrimental to pregnancy.
- It is forbidden for patients who take blood-thinners to take turmeric. Consult your doctor first before taking it. Turmeric acts as an anticoagulant and also helps in sepsis, which can cause serious health damage. See our Turmeric Infographic.
In spite of the great benefits of turmeric and its positive effects on health in general, there are warnings of eating Turmeric, including:
- Reduces fertility in men, to reduce sperm production, and may cause infertility.
- It causes allergies in some people, and they feel symptoms of itching and irritation.
- Contributes to the formation of stones in the gall bladder, and increases the proportion of gastrointestinal disorders. Aggravates liver problems, especially for people with liver enlargement disease, where they should be completely prevented from eating turmeric.
- Increases uterine contractions, which can cause bleeding, and feeling sporadic pains down the abdomen, especially for pregnant women.
- It causes a sudden drop in blood sugar, causing many dangerous symptoms on the body.
- It has many negative effects on the efficiency of the reproductive system, especially for men.
- It causes poor absorption of iron in the body, causing anemia.
- It causes spastic episodes of constipation and diarrhea and irritates the stomach wall. It weakens the immune system and reduces its efficiency.
- It causes nausea, and stimulates vomiting, especially for pregnant women in the early months of pregnancy.
- Increases body dryness, especially dry skin.
- It interferes with the intake of blood thinners, such as aspirin, because it contains anti-coagulants.