Personal Injury Cases in North Carolina
Personal injury claims come about when someone is negligent in their actions that cause a personal injury to another person. This injury can be a minor offense or a significant life-changing injury. Personal injuries can happen anywhere and at any time, such as but not limited to the following instances.
- On the roadways when a car or truck crash happens
- While doing your job in the workplace
- During a recreational activity, having fun
- Simply going for a walk.
Personal injury is a legal term used if you injure yourself physically, emotionally, or mentally at the hands of a negligent person. You suffered harm due to the carelessness of someone else. When this happens, you need to contact a seasoned, skilled, experienced personal injury lawyer to help you sort out the facts of your case. Your attorney decides if there is, in fact, gross negligence, intentional misconduct, or reckless behavior from the person who caused your injuries. You will want to seek damages in different ways, such as a settlement to help with medical bills, pain, suffering, loss of job or income, and quality of life.
These negligent injuries caused by another person have the capability of injuring you so severely that you cannot work. Perhaps it is doubtful that you will ever be able to return to your job or find alternate work.
Perhaps the injuries are so severe that you must now reside in a rehabilitation center with 24/7 nursing care because you are paralyzed, have a severe head injury, or are comatose and will never walk again. This scenario is the worst possible.
Negligent injuries can go from one side of the spectrum of minor to this last example, severe. Careless accidents happen every day in abundance. There are far too many of these types of injuries brought about by careless people.
- If you were injured at the hands of a negligent person, why should you not seek damages?
This injury was not your fault. You were paying attention. However, the other person was careless. This carelessness has caused a mound of trouble for you, like mounting medical bills from all facets of the medical industry, from emergency care, in-hospital stay, surgical services, therapy services, and the list is quite endless. Our question is to you is,
- “Where are you going to get all the money to pay for everything after your insurance pays what they can pay?”
- ” Why should you pay for someone else’s mistake?”
- “How would you support your family, or yourself, if you were single?”
Add to the medical bills, loss of income, outstanding debt, such as your rent or mortgage, car payments, and much more. Now, simple essentials such as food and living expenses have become a big problem on top of what you are going through health-wise. This added stress causes untold anxiety and fear about the future. Our goal is to remove your stress, fear, and anxiety by handling every facet of your claim. Your goal is to get healthy once again and increase your quality of life.
Each state may differ somewhat in its description of what is considered a personal injury. The state of North Carolina places limitations on some types of damages that you can collect from your claim in court. North Carolina now says that there is a cap on non-economic damages found in cases like medical malpractice, as would be seen in pain, suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life as you once knew it.
North Carolina recognizes other caps, and it takes the expertise of a seasoned accident injury attorney to sort through what applies to your case. Know that there are numerous specific exceptions that our clients could not possibly know. Never decide on self-representation in a court of law for a personal injury case. However, as with any law, there are numerous specific exceptions that only a seasoned lawyer can know.
If your injuries were due to the negligence of a medical provider, and you can prove reckless, malicious, and gross negligence or intentional injuries, leaving lifelong disfigurement and injuries that are permanent, there is an exception to this cap.
Personal Injuries Recognized in North Carolina
- Medical malpractice with unlimited variations
- Car accident
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace negligence
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premise liability or injuries sustained when on another person’s property
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Elder abuse in the home
Call to Action for Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury claims are highly complicated and complex, and it takes the expertise of a seasoned attorney to investigate the facts of your case to determine if you have relevant evidence to file a claim against the guilty party and seek compensation. In most cases, the burden of proof lies on you, the injured. We can help you.
Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys has a long list of successful winning personal injury cases. We are ready to help you if you give us a call immediately. Remember though that when some negligent person injures you,
- First, seek professional medical treatment
- Make your statement to the authorities but never apologize for what happened to you and never say that it was your fault, or it could have been your fault. Words such as these can significantly damage your case.
- Document what happened
- Take pictures if possible or appoint someone you trust to take pictures.
- Call us immediately. If you cannot call us, please have a family member or friend give us a call as soon as possible. Know that if you cannot come to us, we will come to you, and we will fight for your rights as a victim. We will seek the compensation you need to pay for mounting and unexpected expenses caused by a negligent person.