According to many people who know more about investment banking, the best group in investment banking is Mergers and Acquisitions, that is M&A. M&A banking offers the best exit opportunities and most intellectually challenging tasks.
In manufacturing M&A investment Bank the bankers will advise the companies and execute transactions where the companies will sell themselves to the buyers in order to acquire smaller companies or get the divisions or assets from other well-doing companies.
The M&A process in smaller banks
The steps that are followed by the bankers in small banks for the Merger and Acquisitions process are listed below
- The bankers will hold a long meeting with the client to get all the details on his business. After that, the banker has to create marketing details like executive summary and most importantly the confidential information memorandum CIM.
- The bankers will prepare a 3 statement model after verifying all the revenue and expenses that can help in his pitch book.
- The bankers will already have a list of potential buyers. They will have to call them or mail them and give the teaser which is the 2 page summary about the company that is going to be sold.
- If any companies came over interested, then the bankers will share CIM which is 100 pages of detailed information about the company only after signing a Non-disclosure agreement with the buyer company.
- Once this step is done, the banker has to set a date for the bid and notify all the willing companies to bid their willing amount before that particular date.
- Based on the seller’s demands decide 2 or 3 winners and proceed them to the next round.
- The bankers will create a data room, in which the potential buyers will discuss the legal, financial, tax, and customer-related information about the client in one spot.
- Once the winner is finalized, the banker has to negotiate the amount and collect the letter of intent from them.
Advantages of Merger and Acquisition investment banking
There are many advantages with manufacturing M&A investment Bank and some of them are listed below.
- In this, there will be better exit opportunities
- Here there will be a lot of exposure to a variety of financing models and validation.
- When working in small banks, there will be a chance to learn more along the process.
- There will be a chance to work on fewer pitches
- The career will also be good and the banker can earn more when compared to financial banking.
Disadvantages of M&A investment banking
- When working in larger banks, there won’t be any chance to learn about any industries, the strategies or how to pitch, and how to negotiate.
- In larger banks, the work will be repetitive as there won’t be any new things to learn.
The exit opportunities in the manufacturing M&A investment Bank depend on the size of the bank. The investment bankers help and close the deal. They will shortlist the companies that are in need to sell and the companies that have the capacity to buy more companies.