State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO exam, through which it selects candidates for the position of PO (Probationary Officers). Millions of people in India aspire for this dream job, as it is one of the most desirable career options in the Indian banking sector. It is perceived as a coveted job opportunity because of several reasons:
- Brand value of one of the biggest Indian banks
- The reputation of being an SBI PO
- Decent pay scale
- Growth opportunity to become a Chairperson
- Job satisfaction
SBI released the application forms for PO posts in November 2020. Due to the Covid-19 social distancing norms, the applications are to be made online only. For the position of the SBI PO, apply online. Here is all the information you need to know before you fill the form and submit your application.
Important Information About the SBI PO Exam
There are certain eligibility conditions that you have to meet before applying for the exam. You have to enter a few details that should be original and authentic. Any fake information can bring you legal trouble or result in application rejection. Here are some notable dates relevant to the SBI PO application and recruitment:
- Online Registration Starting Date: 14th November 2020
- Last Date for Fee Payment: 4th December 2020
- Preliminary Exam Date: 31st December 2020, and 2nd, 4th, and 5th Jan 2021
- Preliminary Results: 3rd week of January 2021
- Mains Exam Date: 29th January 2021
- Mains Results: 3rd-4th week of February 2021
SBI PO exam has three phases: preliminary exam, mains exam, and group discussion/ interview. Depending on your preliminary and mains exam results, you will have to give an interview. The final results will be out by the last week of March 2021.
Eligibility for SBI PO Application
Before you submit your SBI PO application, here are a few requirements that you must meet:
- You must be an Indian with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Students of final year can also apply, but they have to show proof of their passed graduation exam later.
- You must be more than 21 and less than 30 years of age. However, there are special relaxations from 3 to 15 years for SC, ST, OBC, PWD, Ex-servicemen, and other categories.
- You must hold Indian nationality.
In addition to these, you must also maintain a decent CIBIL score that shows that you repay your loans correctly. You should also not have any bad reports on your character.
The Application Process
Here are a few steps involved in the SBI PO application process:
- Uploading scanned signature and photograph
- Filling up the application form
- Fees payment
- Confirmation of the application process
Here are some pointers that you must know about the application process
- Carefully fill and submit your registration form that requires your email address, mobile number, and other such credentials.
- You have to apply only once for all parts of the exam, including the prelims, mains, and interviews.
- You have to submit your photo and signature in a specific format only suggested by SBI.
- Payments are accepted online only for 2020
- You have to submit a few documents, including your educational qualifications, ID proof, and reserved category certificate (if applicable)
- There are restrictions to the number of attempts you can make at SBI PO exams. There are no limits for SC, SC (PWD), ST, and ST (PWD) categories. However, OBC, OBC (PWD), and general/ EWS (PWD) candidates can give seven attempts, while general /EWS candidates can only appear for the exam four times.
Fee Payment with the Application
Candidates in the SC, ST, and PWBD categories are not required to pay any fees, while for all other categories, the fee for SBI PO when you apply online is ₹ 750. Once paid, there are no refunds, and you can neither hold it reserved for any other exam.
Hopefully, this information about the SBI PO application process is useful to guide you through the process. Download your application form now and fill it out before the last date.