Growing up is a hoax, don’t do it! As we grow up, our responsibilities multiply, fun vanishes away, and the promise of living our life to the fullest dissolves in this vain ocean called success. But we often forget, that with us, our parents are also growing older, meeker and lonelier, and this so-called loneliness is not what they expected of you when you were younger. They took care of you, paid for your tuition (school and college), hobbies, gadgets, etc. but if this is how you repay them, then it’s time you dedicate few hours to help them find their haven.
Yes, it’s time for them to move into an Assisted Living Community. Contrary to what people say, retirement homes have changed over the course of time. There was a time when the environment used to be hostile and the community, institutionalized, but with times evolving, the whole scene has been set apart. People get meals that they wish for and not what the staff cooks, there is no schedule that one needs to abide by, even the space they live in can be customized in the manner they like.
So, they live in a community that feels like home more than their actual homes.
Why Assisted Living Community?
But how does it benefit the elderly? What would they do with these infinite amenities?
The answer is ‘what would a child do with toys?’ The energy they squander to conquer the isolation and the lack of affection can be directed towards more fruitful activities that would give them a sense of purpose. So here are some advantages of Assisted Living that would give you a sense of clarity and surety that your relatives are happy and healthy in a retirement home-
- Better Standard of Living- When seniors stay at home, they have to be alone as other family members go out to offices, schools, and other institutions. And it is an established fact that as one grows older, they turn lethargic and need extra help to carry out daily chores and personal tasks. Even the probability that they might end up hurting themselves increases.
But when they move into an Assist Living Community, all their chores are taken care of as somebody is there to look after them. Hence they lead a better and secure life as people look after them.
- 24×7 Medical Support- As seniors reach a certain age, their lives become unpredictable because of the numerous health conditions. And with a lack of medical support at home, they can face severe consequences. On the contrary, when they move into a facility, they have someone to take care of them 24×7. They evaluate their condition and figure out what procedure would suit them or not. Consequently, if they face any health-related complications, medical staff would be readily available.
- Economical Choice- While exploring numerous options people often stumble upon accomodating their parents to a nursing home which might be an expensive option. A nursing home is not a shrewd choice because not all seniors need medical attention, thus investing your money in this alternative will drain your pockets. However, when you accommodate them in an Assist Living facility, you eliminate the concept of the constant requirement of medical facilities, as a result, the cost of living comes down. This choice will not only help save money but open other avenues for the seniors to explore.
- Increased Freedom and Engagement- Setups like nursing homes don’t provide freedom to the seniors and are extremely rigid with their schedule and arrangements. This limits their engagement and they lose their self-worth because of lack of communication with others. On the contrary, Assisted Living arrangement is a community set up where the elderly can engage with other elderly people, and feel closer to the community. Even the organization organizes several activities for the seniors to ensure that they stay busy and happy, both mentally and physically.
- Feeling of Community- Most of the seniors have had to live in isolation and have faced depression, anxiety, and other mental health problems because of loneliness. So when they move to an Assisted Living arrangement they may find people with the same interest and hobbies and understand the power of community. They might even gain back their confidence and sense of self. People who participate in the community go an extra mile to help the people around them and stay ecstatic most of the time.
- Availability of alternatives- People who choose different setups, have to follow rigid schedules and diets because that’s what the staff cooks and everyone has to consume the same. Contrary to this arrangement, Assisted Living Community provides choice as they understand the dietary needs of every individual, what suits them or not. Before the relatives enroll their seniors, they fill a form listing all their medical issues, and hence everyone is fed food according to their needs.
This may extend to other aspects of their lives as well, for instance, an individual with liver ailment will need different care from an individual suffering from cancer.
- Availability of safe transport- As highlighted in other points, seniors have complete freedom over their lives. So if they feel like going out for movies, shopping, dinner, etc. the Assisted Living facility might provide them with transport vehicles as well. Even when they organize trips and tours, they make sure that they provide transport facilities for all and make their trip worth it. Along with the staff, the medical staff travels as well to provide them with complete protection.
The search for a perfect Assisted Living community is endless but not impossible. The advantages mentioned above are enough to help you make your final call but where can you find such a beautiful and bountiful community. Don’t worry! Senior Site is here to your rescue. We provide a community that will not only take care of your seniors but also help them find purpose in life again. Let’s make them happy and provide them with the joy they deserve. With Senior Site, we redefine the traditional community and create a sense of belongingness that nourishes every individual who becomes a part of our community. So, welcome to our humble abode!