Why Sleep is very Important ?
Sleep is so important and not sleeping enough can affect your life in so many
ways. This includes not being able to lose weight and not having enough energy
to get through each day.
Below are six of the top reasons as to why you need to get enough sleep each
1. Sleep allows your brain to commit new information into your memory by using a process known as memory consolidation. Studies show that students perform better if they have slept well before taking a test and studied the night before.
2. When you don’t sleep enough your metabolism and weight is affected. Some people find that they even gain weight due to lack of sleep. Your body does not process carbohydrates the same way in sleep deprived people because your hormone levels change. Your brain starts to crave glucose in order to combat tiredness.
3. Not getting enough sleep can actually become a safety concern. You may fall asleep while driving or while working and this can cause accidents and injuries to occur.
4. Lack of sleep often results in mood swings. You may find that you become irritable, impatience, moody and that your concentration levels disappear.
5. Hypertension can be caused by a lack of sleep as your hormone levels change and you can start having irregular heartbeats.
6. If you are deprived of sleep you may find that you get sick more often. Your immune system doesn’t function as well and this can lead to becoming more susceptible during flu and cold season. Some research also shows that getting enough sleep can help fight cancer.
When your body becomes deprived of sleep research has shown that the cytokine molecules that control your immune response system are increased. This results in changes in your blood chemistry which can lead to heart disease, diabetes and mental health conditions.
tudies show that people who are sleep deprived are more likely to suffer from depression, as opposed to those who get enough sleep regularly. If you visit your doctor because you are feeling depressed one of their first questions will be based on how much sleep you get each night.
Sleep is very Important
Many people today find that there is just not enough time in the day to get everything done. In order to make more time you start to get up earlier or stay up late to finish chores or homework. What happens when you do this is that your body starts to crave more calories. So people who do not sleep enough often find that they are hungry and they start to eat more calorie dense carbohydrate rich foods.
As you become tired your energy diminishes so even simple tasks such as cooking dinner becomes too much to handle. Studies have shown that people who are tired often pick up fast food or eat out instead of cooking healthy dinners at home.
If you are having trouble sleeping at night take a look at your mattress and pillow.
If you can’t get into a comfortable position then you won’t have a restful night.
The best sleeping positions are on your side either with your legs slightly bent or straight out. You should avoid sleeping on your stomach as this can put undue
stress on your back and neck. If you do prefer to sleep in this way you want to try
adding a pillow for support under your knees and hips.
101 Tips to Find Motivation and Reach Your Goals
5 Reasons Your Brand Needs a YouTube Page
Money Saving Hack for Online Shopping
5 Ways to Boost Your Mood
Tips to Help You Save More Money
7 Techniques to Help a Person Suffering from Depression
7 Really Simple Bedroom Ideas for Saying Goodbye To The Traditional Bedrooms
Mistakes that Cheating Partners Often Make
Top 3 Financial Frauds You Can Get Caught Up With
4 Fun Activities to Teach Kids the Value of Money
Acid Reflux and Pregnancy
The Pro-Ana Diet: 8 Different Meal Plans to Follow (Number 4 Is Super Effective!)
From Establishment To Success: 6 Tips For Small Businesses
Tips for Improving Your Time Management Skills
9 Surprising & Key Health Benefits of Honey
A Brief Look at the History and Culture of Costa Rica
Catch A Fish: Fishing with an Old iPhone
A Stunning Short Film Shows What Life Is Like For A Centuries-Old Nomadic Community
7 Tips To Wake Up Without Coffee
Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer?
10 Foods That Are Most Nutritious When Eaten Raw!
Best 7m Meditation and Relaxation Music
5 Ways You Might Be Sabotaging Yourself From Being Truly Happy
What if I told you that there is only one person in this world who can hold you back...
Juicing for Vitality A Complete Guide to the Maximum Health Goodness & Recipes
Beginner’s Guide to Juicing Have you tried juicing? If yes – That’s great, because juicing book has a lot...
10 Distinct Differences of Rich People from Poor People
Many people think that life is very unfair. Here you are working hard and yet your income is not even...
5 Secrets of Goal Setting to Set Yourself Up For Success
If you want to find any success in your life, you need to set goals. Without having goals for yourself,...
You Deserve to Eat Well
A lot of people seem to want to eat well, but tend to fall back into the same destructive habits....
Family Quotes: +50 Quotes That Will Strengthen Your Bond With Your Family
The Love of a Family is Life's Greatest Blessing. Every single day we meet new people, build relationships, and get...