Since 23 March, India has been on a virtual lockdown. To prevent COVID19 contagion disease Indian Government has ordered all People across the country to stay at home and also asked to maintain social distancing. Well, social distancing is not so good for our mental health therefore to balance it you can catch up with your friends or loved ones on WhatsApp/Skype to Stay Fit and healthy.
But what about your physical health?? You need to take care of that too. As we all know that body movement is very essential. But during this lockdown period, we are not allowed to go for a morning walk or to the gym. So, it is necessary for us to spare at least 20 – 30 mins to do a workout at home. Nowadays exercise becomes an integral part of our everyday life.
Especially for those who are already suffering from diabetes and heart-related disease. Studies show that 10,000 steps per day reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease by 70%. But due to the COVID19 pandemic, we cannot even go out for a casual walk.
Therefore we have listed 5 easy exercises which will warm up your body and instantly elevates your mood. It includes jumping jacks, squats, lunges, burpees, crunches and etc. And I assure you that this 20 -30 mins workout will help you to Stay Fit and healthy and improve your agility.
Here are some exercises which you can do while stuck indoors that will let you Stay Fit and healthy!
Jumping jacks are quite simple and an effective total body workout to do at home. People who do not have a habit of doing exercise daily can also learn it quite easily and start doing it to achieve positive results. Jumping jacks may be a good alternative to jogging miles on a treadmill or stationary bike. Doing jumping jacks for a total of 5 minutes would help to burn 80-90 calories.
How To Do:-
- Stand upright with your legs straight. Relax your mind and take a deep breath to ease out your stress.
- Hands up or you just can put them behind your head.
- Now Jump up (Not so high!!) by spreading your legs hip-width apart.
- Repeat this again and again till you sweat.
Squats are a quintessential exercise. If you want more agility and power in your legs then you should be squatting regularly. It works almost on every muscle in your lower body and helps to keep your bones and joints healthy. It’s important to do squats properly so you don’t put unwanted strain on your knee joints.
How To Do:-
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold your arms in front of you to maintain the balance of the body.
- Now lower yourself just like you are sitting down on an invisible chair. But don’t let your knees to cross your toes.
- Now stand up back and repeat.
If you are planning on incorporating exercises in your routine to get a summer body you’ll feel confident about it. Then Add lunge into your workout regimen it will help you to tone up your body. Lunges are the easiest exercise to do at home. Here is the guide to do lunges correctly.
How To Do:-
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart.
- Put your hand on the waist.
- Take a big step forward with the right leg and do a knee down of the left leg to touch the ground.
- Now stand up and take a step back with the right leg and repeat it with the left.
The Burpee is a full-body workout exercise. The best thing about it is they require absolutely no gym equipment. You can do it anywhere. Before adding burpee to your workout routine you should consider the following benefits. Being an aerobic exercise helps to burn more calories, boost cardio fitness, improves cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and most importantly let you Stay Fit and healthy by improving brain function. Here is the guide to do a burpee with the correct form.
How To Do:-
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Now get into a squatting position.
- Place your hands on the floor and take your feet back just like in the plank position.
- Drop Yourself down to the floor and press up with your arms followed by a jump in the air.
To cut through all the noise!!
It comprises three stages first squat position followed by plank position and at last lean jump in the air. That’s it!!
Crunches are one of the best bodyweight exercises that help you Stay Fit and healthy and helps to reinforce the abdominal and core muscles. It has been mainly practiced for abs workouts.
How To Do:-
- Lie down on your back on the mat.
- Put your hands behind your head or you can place them across your chest.
- Bend your Knee with flat feet on the floor and take a deep breath and lift your upper body.
- Exhale and return back to the starting position.
With a good diet and a full-body workout at home, you can achieve some excellent results in your social distancing Face.