I’m sure a lot of you have always wanted to lose weight quickly and easily. It all begins with your diet! After all, one of the best methods to shed the pounds right start in the kitchen. One of the popular ways to lose weight is through the pro-ana diet, which is known to help you lose weight fast.
But what exactly is the pro-ana diet and how can you follow it? There are different types of these diets to choose from, but since it’s an aggressive diet, you have to make sure that you know how to do it correctly to stay energized and in good health.
So read on as I show you all about the different pro-ana diets and how to follow it.
Different Pro-Ana Diets for Weight Loss
Before anything else, let’s first delve into what pro-ana diets are. The pro-anorexia lifestyle is related to promoting and mimicking behaviors of those who suffer from anorexia nervosa, an eating disorder.
There isn’t just one type of pro-ana diet for weight loss. There are different meal plans many pro-ana dieters and sufferers of the eating disorder follow. Based on my research on different pro-ana websites and forums, there are meal plans you can follow:
The Lunabelle Diet
The Lunabelle diet is a condensed version of the Ana Boot Camp diet, which is 40 days instead of the usual 50 days. It has more fast days and calorie variations. This is a more “doable” diet, as it comes with higher calorie restrictions, with days you consume between 100 to 800 calories. There are double fast days, though, so you have to prepare yourself for these. If not, you can consume 50 or 100 calories to stay safe if you aren’t able to fast this long. After the 40 days, you will be able to lose up to 20 pounds or more!
The Rainbow Diet
This is a pretty interesting diet, as it entails you to consume one color of food per day, except for every Wednesday. Here is the meal plan:
Breakfast: Half an apple
Lunch: Half an apple
Dinner: One cucumber
Breakfast: One banana
Lunch: One banana
Dinner: Half a cup of corn
Breakfast: Half an orange
Lunch: Half an orange
Dinner: One carrot
Breakfast: Half a cup of strawberries
Lunch: Half a cup of strawberries
Dinner: Half a red pepper
Saturday (purple or blue):
Breakfast: Ten blueberries
Lunch: Ten blueberries
Dinner: Ten raspberries
Breakfast: Half a cup of grapes
Lunch: Half a cup of grapes
Dinner: One cup of lettuce
The ABC Diet
If you have been following the pro-ana lifestyle of quite some time now, then you’re familiar with the ABC diet, which is known as the Ana Boot Camp. This is one of the most popular diets to follow, as it’s extensive and incredibly useful. However, it’s very challenging and not many people pass it.
This grueling diet will yo-yo between 50 to 500 calories a day, with a fast every few days. The extreme calorie restriction will have you lose at least 20 pounds once you are done with the 50 days. You can eat anything in this diet, but make sure that it sticks to your limit.
The Five Bites Diet
Think of it as a mental gastric bypass surgery, where people staple their stomachs to feel full after just a few bites. This will take a lot of self-control, though, as you will only be consuming five bites of whatever meal you have.
I recommend that you follow this diet:
Breakfast: Five bites of oatmeal
Lunch: Five bites of a sandwich
Dinner: Five bites of pasta
It’s best to consume a lot of water or zero-calorie drinks to stay energized and hydrated while doing the diet. Freshly-squeezed lemon juice can work great, too!
The Vegan Model Diet
The vegan model diet is another effective and restrictive diet suitable for those who follow the vegan lifestyle. Think of it as the usual meal plan models would follow to get a flat stomach without any meat products!
Breakfast: One reduced-calorie bread and two cups of black coffee with zero-calorie sweeteners
Lunch: One large apple
Dinner: Eight baby carrots
The total number of calories consumed is only 200 calories. Follow this for a week, and you will be able to lose weight quickly. You can substitute meals with different fruits and vegetables if desired. Add your meal diet with some healthy powders. Check the green superfood powder to know more.
The Ana Atkins Diet
This is a personal twist on the Atkins diet, which is similar to the keto diet. Just make sure that you avoid any keto diet mistakes and consume too many carbs from fruits!
Breakfast: Three-egg white omelet
Snack: Baked white fish fillet
Lunch: Roast Chicken drumstick and a cup of salad leaves
Snack: 50 grams of prawns with garlic and chili
Dinner: Grilled Sirloin steak and a cup of salad leaves
You might think that this is a lot to consume, but it’s quite useful in burning fat quickly. By day three, you have less appetite, and your body is using ketones for energy.
The Russian’s Gymnast Diet
Irina Tschachina is a 5’6 Russian gymnast who only weighs 99 pounds. Wonder how she does it? Here’s a diet you can follow for ultimate weight loss and health. Those who follow this diet for a week can lose up to ten pounds!
Breakfast: A glass of apple or orange juice
Lunch: Fruit salad with a glass of fruit juice
Dinner: Green apple and a glass of non-carbonated water
Make sure that your fruit juices are freshly squeezed and free from any artificial sweeteners.
The Baby Food Diet
This is a pretty exciting diet, as it entails you to consume baby food, which is rich in vitamins and nutrients. I recommend that you purchase organic and vegetable-based baby food, which has fewer calories and more vitamins.
You can have baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Or, you can have an average healthy breakfast and consume baby food for lunch and dinner. Make sure that you get the 80-gram jars, which are made for weaning babies.
But do take note that these are only short-term diets that should not be done as a lifestyle change. There are many different side effects to pro-ana diets, as you are consuming fewer calories than your body needs, which causes some health risks in the long run.
Bonus Tips on Keeping Up With a Pro-Ana Diet
Now that you’re familiar with the different pro-ana diets, what are other ways you can keep it consistent? Here are some bonus tips to follow:
• Make sure to always keep track of your calories by using apps or other online tools available. Don’t take in more calories than what you burn to ensure weight loss.
• It’s better to consume a healthy breakfast to have better-eating decisions for the day ahead.
• Water is one of the crucial parts of the diet, as it doesn’t only fill you up but keeps you energized when restricting your calories. However, you should avoid drinking water in a single session, since this causes water retention.
• Small meals are also recommended, which can have the body think that you’re eating enough to stay satiated and energized throughout the day.
• Like mentioned, these are aggressive diets, and you will be deficient in many nutrients from the calorie restriction. Because of this, it’s imperative to take in your vitamins. These will compensate for what you don’t consume.
• Sleeping is essential to gain energy and level out your cravings and appetite. If you sleep less, it can lead to a lack of energy and hunger, as well as a slow metabolism!
• If you want to stay encouraged while following a diet, then it’s best to find a diet buddy or to look in the mirror, which keeps you motivated.
• You can keep track of your macronutrients with online macro calculators to ensure you’re eating the right foods, in the right ratios, for optimal weight loss.
Wrapping It Up
The pro-ana diet may be a bit aggressive. However, it is possible with the right tips and healthy food consumption. That way, you won’t have a problem with keeping the pounds off in the long run.
Hopefully, this article on the pro-ana diet gave you an idea of what you can do to stick with your meal plans. So don’t wait any longer and check out any of these diets now!
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on the pro-ana diet, then comment below. I would love to hear the way you have to think.
Amazon Best Sellers Vitamins & Dietary Supplements
- TRIPLE ACTION IMMUNE BLEND*: Sambucus elderberry gummies are made from European black elder (Sambucus nigra L.) has been traditionally used as a...
- YOU NEED MORE COLLAGEN: Collagen is one of the most important nutrients needed to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon,...
- 60 BILLION CFUs MAX STRENGTH: Our probiotic actually contains 60 BILLION CFUs per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some...
- Kids Formula with new premium ingredients, all in one delicious serving: Beta Carotene, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2 and Choline (Packaging May Vary)
- ESSENTIAL SUPPORT: These Immune Support Gummies provide your child with vitamins A, C, D, E & Zinc. They're made with real elderberry extract, an...
- HIGHEST POTENCY AVAILABLE TURMERIC PILLS ENHANCED WITH BIOPERINE: BioSchwartz Turmeric formula has 1500mg of Turmeric Curcumin with 95% Standardized...
- A VEGAN, ORGANIC, NON GMO, GLUTEN FREE & GELATINE FREE: Each bottle of Goli contains 60 delicious vegan, organic, non gmo, gluten free & gelatine free...
- FEATURES: Biotin 5000mcg in cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil
- We designed our vitamins for those who were looking for easy to eat vitamins without the struggle of swallowing pills. Improve overall health &...