Are you a fan of the Transformers franchise? These powerful robots have become one of the coolest toys around the world due to their appeal and power. There is an extended Transformers list of characters to choose from, so take your time and enjoy collecting these great toys.
The Transformers media franchise started in 1980. The franchise’s toy line was launched in 1984 when Japanese firm Takara rebranded its Diaclone and Microman lines of transforming mechanical toys. The characters in the toy line are grouped into two: the heroic Autobots and their nemesis, the Decepticons.
Types of Transformers:
The list of Transformers toys can be classified into seven categories. The toys are the result of the collaboration between Takara and American firm Hasbro. Here are the main types of Transformers:
- Generation 1 Transformers – The developers launched the original 1984 Transformer toys to exploit the easing of the ban imposed by U.S. regulators on toy companies. The more popular Transformers characters in the g1 Transformers list include Optimus Prime, Star Scream, and Megatron.
- Generation 2 Transformers – The Transformers list of characters in this type include mainly all the Transformers g1 toys with new accessories or paint. This generation covers the 1992-1995 period.
- Beast Wars – This generation saw the revival of the brand and featured the war between the Predacons and the Maximals. The new Transformer names added in this era include Onyx Primal and Bot Con.
- Beast Machines – This generation is a continuation of the Beast Wars storyline. The Beast Machines ran only in 2000 and 2001, but there were 60 new figures added to the Transformers toy list.
- Robots in Disguise – Hasbro and Takara decided to feature the first battles between the Autobots and Decepticons in this generation, which was launched in 2001. In 2002, the “Heroes of Cybertron” line of toys was introduced. The characters in the toyline cannot be transformed.
- Transformers Armada – This generation, which ran in 2002 and 2003, saw the introduction of the Transformers race called Mini-Cons. The Mini-Con toys were grouped in teams of three, including the Emergency Mini-Con teams.
- Generation 1 Commemorative Series – This generation is exclusively distributed by Toys ‘R’ Us. The series includes high-quality reissues of the more popular characters in the g1 toys.
Leading 10 Transformers Characters
If you are a collector, it is essential to know the Transformers’ identification to determine their value better. You should learn how to identify Transformers to avoid fraud. Here is a Transformers list of characters for you:
- Optimus Prime – He is the leader of the heroic Autobot forces.
- Metroplex – He is the most powerful member of the Autobot army. Under the leadership of Optimus Prime, he helped demolish a lot of the forces and earlier weapons of Megatron.
- Megatron – He is the nemesis of Optimus Prime and the leader of the Decepticons, who are extraterrestrial robots from the planet Cybertron.
- Omega Supreme – He is a member of the Autobot’s Omega Sentinel guardian robots.
- Bumblebee – He is one of the oldest warriors of Optimus Prime.
- Blurr – He is the fastest member of the Autobot army.
- Ironhide – He is a former member of the Cybertronian Civil Militia.
- Jetfire – He is one of the Autobots who almost joined the Decepticons.
- Rodimus Prime – He regained the Matrix of Leadership that was taken by the Decepticons.
- Drift – He was an Autobot who was once a member of the Decepticons.
The Transformers toy line is an excellent addition to your collection. With their high-resale value, the characters in the franchise can be essential assets for you in the future.