A healthy 5 minutes simple and authentic dal recipe that you can cook on a daily basis. Dal is one of the most popular and common dishes in India. People consider dal as an easy option to go with. When you’re having no idea what vegetable to choose you can simply go for a Dal with rice or chappati. But here comes the main problem when people think making a Dal is tough work to do. Follow this simple dal recipe, that you can make in 5 minutes even if you’re a beginner in the kitchen.
Check out the video of the Recipe:
There are so many varieties of dal in India but in Bhutan, you will see only 2 popular varieties of dal i.e. Masoor dal (red/orange/pink lentils) and Hare Mug (Mung beans/Green gram). Moreover, in Bhutan, people don’t cook dal often. The common dish or the National dish of Bhutan is Ema Datshi and Kewa Datshi. But in the post let us find out the easy recipe to cook dal in simple steps.
Recipe of Dal in 5 minutes
Find out the simple and authentic recipe below for “How to cook Dal in 5 minutes“.
Masoor Dal Recipe
A healthy 5 minutes simple and authentic dal recipe that you can cook on a daily basis. Dal is one of the most popular and common dishes in India
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: Bhutanese, Indian
- Hand Blender
- Pressure Cooker
- 1/2 cup of lentils
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 sliced tomato
- 5-6 sliced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tbsp of oil
- 1/3 tbsp turmeric powder
- 4½ cups of water
- Heat the oil properly in the pressure cooker and add sliced tomato, onion & garlic.
- Fry them until it turns brownish in color.
- Now add washed dal in it and fry it for 1 -2 mins and add 2 ½ medium cups of water.
- Cover it with the lid and cook until the pressure cooker makes a 7-8 whistle.
- After that turn off the flame and open the lid. Again add 2 more cups of water in it Also add salt to taste.
- Now with the help of a hand blender grind the dal and let it boil again for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the flame, pour it into the bowl, garnish it with 3-4 pinchs of coriander leaves and you’re ready to go.
bhutan, bhutan cuisine, bhutan famous food, bhutan food menu, bhutan food vegeterian, bhutan national food, bhutanese food, bhutanese food menu, bhutanese food, bhutanese food menu