Chickpeas famously known as Chana is one of the worldwide used products. Authentic Chana Chickpeas Recipe as what the title says is a quick easy & tasty recipe to cook.
What makes it special is its authentic taste and has so many health benefits as it contains protein, carbohydrates, and fiber.
Today in this article I’m going to make my style of Chana dish or Bhutanese style of Chana dish in a quick easy & tasty way. We, Bhutanese people, don’t use lots of masalas, we hardly use 2-3 types of masala even while making a non-veg fried dish.
Check out the Recipe at the end of the article
Most of our dishes are masala and we keep it simple but give an authentic taste. Using farmer cheese is common in every dish which is made up of cow milk.
Let’s talk about making Chana, The making procedure is very simple and needs few ingredients. All you need is a pressure cooker. Pressure cooker really saves time as it helps to cook very fast and make your work easy.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker boil the Chana in a pot until it becomes soft. You will need a bowel to soak your Chana before cooking.
Soak Chana for 2 -3 hours and some even keep overnight soaking it in water as it helps to boil your Chana faster and soft. As a matter of fact, Chana takes little time to get cooked. Ingredients you should have to make delectable Chana is few tomatoes, ginger, garlic, even garlic leaves and onion leaves, coriander leaves, salt and oil.
Plain steamed rice, roti, puri, with tea in breakfast or with drinks, you can enjoy having it. Some prefer eating it at breakfast, it depends on the individuals.
Now let’s get started with the number of ingredients I’m going to use for my Authentic Chana Chickpeas Recipe.
Authentic Chana Chickpeas Recipe
Chickpeas famously known as Chana is one of the worldwide used products. Authentic Chana Chickpeas Recipe as that what the title says is a quick easy & tasty recipe to cook.
Course : Breakfast, Main Course
Cuisine : Indian
Servings : 3
- 300 gm Chana
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 onions sliced
- 4-5 Chopped green chilli
- 1-2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 6-8 Sliced garlic
- Garlic leaves (optional)
- Few onion leaves (optional)
- 1 Small ginger crushed
- Coriander leaves
- 1-2 cup Spatula of water
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cooked the washed Chana in a pressure cooker. Make sure to put water according to the quantity of your Chana, if you put excessive water then it will give problem while cooking in the pressure cooker. Here are my tips and tricks, just put water 1 ½ inches above your Chana level that you can take any idea by your thumb.
- Once the Chana is cooked well, turn off the flame.
- Heat the oil and fry tomato, onion, ginger and garlic and add chopped green chilli in the frying pot and fry it for 3-4 mins.
- Add salt & chilli powder and continue frying it for 2-3 mins on low flame.
- Now add the Chana and stir thoroughly and add 1-2 spatula of water and let it fry for 5 mins in low flame.
- Once the Chana is the ready turn off the flame and add coriander leaves on it and cover the pot.
5 minute food, chick peas, dal, how to make dal in 5 minutes
You can also check out our other Bhutanese Cuisines: