Today I am going to show you how to make Shakshuka in the Bhutanese style of cooking. If you have already read and watched my other articles and videos you must have noticed that Bhutanese dishes are very simple, plain, and easy to prepare, because we don’t use numerous spices. Many different recipes call for different ingredients in Shakshuka.
Shakshuka is nothing but eggs poached in a tomato sauce.
It is originated from Northern Africa although it is eaten in the Middle East and now it becoming known all around the globe, I guess hehe!
There are so many ways of making egg dishes but Shakshuka is one of my favorites now.
IT IS AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS SUPER EASY HEALTHY EGG DISH THAT YOU CAN MAKE FOR BREAKFAST, BRANCH, LUNCH, DINNER OVER ALL ITS EVERY TIME GO TO HEALTHY FOOD.
You can make it with diced peppers, or carrots if you want sweetness. You can even garnish it with cheese, paneer, and spring onions.
But I want to keep Shakshuka really simple, by the name itself the more preference is given to tomato and egg. When it comes to tomatoes, there is a different style of preparing.
Some people cook tomatoes first and then peel them off and mash them, whereas some just cut off the tomatoes into big chunks and fry them, and some cut tomatoes into dice and fry.
Here I would also recommend going with the third one, it saves your time as well as gives a delicious taste.
Now without wasting any further time let’s jump to the recipe of the lovely Shakshuka!
Shakshuka – Egg & Tomato Sauce recipe | Bhutanese Style
Shakshuka is nothing but eggs poached in a tomato sauce. It is originated in Northern Africa although it is eaten in the Middle East and now it becoming popular all over the world. In this, we are making Shakshuka in Bhutanese style.
Servings : 3
- 5 Tomatoes
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Onions
- 1 Garlic
- Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut the tomatoes and onions into small dice
- Chop the garlic
- Heat the pan and put 4-5 tsp of oil and heat it
- Add cut onions and chopped garlic to the pan stir, and keep it for 5-10 mins on medium flame to avoid burning of onion and garlic
- Now add cut tomatoes toss it with onions and hit with a little bit of salt and black pepper to get lovely tomato sauce for our Shakshuka
- Cover it with the lid and drop the heat to a low flame. Continue to stir time and again to prevent burning on the bottom of the pan
- Once the tomatoes turn out into creamy sauce, add chilli powder and taste it for seasoning and add salt & black pepper if required
- Now add eggs in the tomato sauce with the help of a spoon or spatula, make a small pocket, and add cracked egg right in there. With the same technique keep adding eggs by keeping little space between
- Once the eggs are added don’t touch it, don’t stir it, don’t scramble it just let the eggs get cooked
- Once the eggs are perfectly cooked turn of the flame and garnish it with coriander
- Our beautiful Shakshuka is ready
Bhutan, Bhutan food, food of Bhutan, shakshuka, shakshuka dish, shakshuka easy recipe, shakshuka egg, shakshuka origin, shakshuka recipe, shakshuka recipe for everyone
If you love this recipe please share it on Facebook along with your friends and also please visit our YouTube channel for some amazing recipe videos.
Check out our other articles as well:
- Kewa Datshi Recipe
- Ema Datshi Recipe
- Ezay or Bhutanese Style Chutney
- Must try food when you visit Bhutan